Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Start trying for a baby

(3 Posts)
Wookiees25 Tue 14-Jun-16 20:40:18

Hello! I am new to mums net and as you may have guessed by the title of my thread I do not have any kids yet. I joined mumsn etc because I figure mums general give great advice anyway and who better to ask about kids....so, here is my question...

I really want to start trying for a baby. I have felt ready for a while but I am big on planning and preparation and as have not done this before I want to know your thoughts on what you need to have in place before a baby comes along in all aspects (personal,emotional, financial, etc)

I would be thankful for all replies on your opinions and personal experienceservice.

Thanks! Xwink

lookbeforeyouleap Tue 14-Jun-16 20:44:52

You can be as organised as you like but sometimes things don't go to plan. My partner got made redundant when I was 6 months pregnant which was a massive worry. I am an organiser but I found that I bought stuff I didn't actually need and nothing went to plan. Relax and enjoy yourself. And don't put pressure on yourself to get pregnant straight away. I went mad with ovulation test kits etc and it was just a stress. I had tests at the docs to check my ovulation and they said I didn't ovulate one month. I relaxed for the next few weeks as thought that was it for the month and that's was the month got pregnant! Haha.

Wookiees25 Wed 15-Jun-16 21:20:50

Thanks, I know things don't go to plan most of the time but here's to hoping lol. I appreciate the reply.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now