Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

mental health issues during pregnancy.

(4 Posts)
LBNM19 Tue 14-Jun-16 20:26:23

During my first pregnancy I suffered with anxiety and then postnatal depression.

Then my 2nd pregnancy I had severe anxiety, had to be put under the mental health team and on sertraline.

I'm just posting as I think it's starting again 😢 my oldest son is severely disabled and has a genetic condtion. I'm waiting for a CVS test to see if the pregnancy is affected and I have a 1 in 4 chance.

I've been feeling really unwell and it's making me feel very down.

My hearts started racing at times and I'm having negative thoughts.

Has anyone else had mental health issues during all there pregnancys?

Whatsername17 Tue 14-Jun-16 20:44:20

Perhaps you should contact your midwife who might be able to put you in touch with a councillor? You have recognised the signs which is brilliant. You just need a little support to halt the anxiety in its tracks. Good luck, posting on here is proactive. Keep being proactive and give your mw a call.flowers

elliej83 Wed 15-Jun-16 06:47:45

One thing I've always really found hard to cope with to with mental illness and anxiety is that everyone gets anxious sometimes. I find it hard to feel excited because it's such a similar feeling I start to worry.
Waiting in your current test results anyone would be anxious not just someone with had had a history of mental illness. The difference is trying to acknowledge that anxiety but not let it span out of control into something which is a mental illness. Talk to your midwife and keep talking to us. Here if you need any support smile

LBNM19 Wed 15-Jun-16 08:07:17

Thank you. That's what I mean but my partner keeps saying I think you need to go to the GP and my mum keeps asking if I am feeling the same and i think it's making me question myself, I no they are only looking our for me because I was so unwell before but it is quite annoying. I did tell them anyone would feel down if they are constantly feeling unwell and I am very anxious about waiting for the test but I do think that is completely normal.

I will speak to my midwife, the anxiety became out of control pretty quickly during my last pregnancy and I suppose that is what worries me. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now