Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Morning (all day!) sickness

(13 Posts)
gg321 Sat 11-Jun-16 17:16:44

Anyone else in first trimester feeling awful all day!!!!!!?? Any tips or ways to help

gg321 Sat 11-Jun-16 17:20:44

I have the bands which maybe help slightly. Also have a toddler which gives me little time to rest, I swear it's worse this time. I'm finding it tough! Not actually being sick just feel it nearly all day morning til night

MidMay Sat 11-Jun-16 17:25:51

Tis normal I'm afraid. Should subside around week 13/14 but some continue with the nausea throughout. I remember this with both DC, just the nausea and wanted to actually throw up to give some relief from it. Congrats on the pregnancy.

AButterflyLightsBesideUs Sat 11-Jun-16 20:02:47

Yep, mine is awful and my balance is all screwy too and I feel faint and dizzy as well as dreadfully nauseous all the time. My GP prescribed avomine (anti nausea medication) as mine was so bad I couldn't stand or eat and could barely drink so was dehydrating fast. I'm now eating and drinking but feeling vile still and predominantly lying down. Just about managing to get DD to and from school but it takes it out of me.

Fruit juice, very icy water, ice cubes, ice lollies and dry rice krispies are giving me some relief at the moment. And potato-ey dinners.

Sympathies flowers

gg321 Sat 11-Jun-16 20:24:15

Sympathies with you, I'm not suffering as bad as you so maybe I should be thankful mines not worse, it's just rotten

indecisivedoctor Sat 11-Jun-16 20:26:31

I'm with you gg. Also have a toddler, it's so much worse this time around as you can't just indulge yourself with lying down when need be. "Play mummy" "Lego mummy" "trampoline mummy". Boak.

SeashellHoarder Sat 11-Jun-16 21:49:38

Sleep as much as you can. Tiredness makes it worse. Don't let yourself get hungry, try to eat little and often - I found plain bread acceptable for this.
Breath mints helped me sometimes.
In the end I got cyclizine prescribed and it's made a massive difference.

user1463864877 Sat 11-Jun-16 22:27:36

Ice lollies really helped me as did snacking on a handful of nuts or salty crackers/crisps. Congratulations. It should ease around 14 wks or so, it did for me. Could you teach DC how to play sleeping lions?!

gg321 Sat 11-Jun-16 22:51:36

Haha, I try lying down when she is around and she has a wonderful time climbing on top of me and using me as a sort of bouncy castle! Will try the ice lollies and nuts etc thanks x

bumbleclat Sat 11-Jun-16 23:14:03

Yep same here I'm 12+1 and very nauseous. The dr gave me promethazine which is helping a bit.
I hope you/we feel better soon.
I found it really started ramping up from week 9. sad

Birdlet Sun 12-Jun-16 08:36:13

I'm suffering too! I'm about 7 weeks and the nausea is awful. Almost like one of those hangovers where you're not sure if what you need to do is eat or be sick confused almost wish I could just be sick rather than feeling on the verge of it half the time!
I'm getting by on small but frequent meals (sandwiches and toast are featuring A LOT) and I've got a constant supply of dry crackers and cereal bars in my handbag. I've found if I'm constantly nibbling on something the nausea isn't too bad. Going to try to get so ice lollies today or tomorrow because they sound lovely and refreshing!
Reading what some of the PP's have said I feel very lucky although I still feel rotten confused

gg321 Sun 12-Jun-16 09:48:44

Yes Birdlet....a hangover is exactly how I describe my nausea, but it just lasts for weeks not a day! Urrrrrrgh. And I agree u almost would rather you were actually sick for that relief, I think just feeling it is sometimes harder although I'm sure the ladies out there constantly throwing up would disagree. So far this morning I have tried very small bits of food as normally I can't face any food until afternoon but eating a little bit first thing has actually helped. I'm off to get some ice lollies later and some dry nibbly bits to just have on constants supply all day! Just hoping this will pass at 12 weeks like first time

Birdlet Sun 12-Jun-16 11:36:02

I bloody hope so gg!! Bacon sarnie this morning for me before work - didn't fancy it but once it was in front of me I realised I was starving and actually feel much better! Let me know how the ice lollies go down - I could just have a refreshers lolly now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now