Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby brain :-'(

(8 Posts)
AutumnRose1988 Fri 10-Jun-16 19:40:18

What is going on? I'm 22 weeks with twins.
I've had a perfectly normal day at work. It's been uneventful and I've been quite productive on the whole but I get home and brain has gone to mush! I feel like I can barely get my grey matter to string a sentence together!
I wanted to cook a curry for hubby so opened the chicken and put it in the pan. I hadn't put any oil in the pan so it began to stick and burn. The heat was too hot so it was virtually cooked on the outside but a little bit still frozen on the inside! Im normally meticulously hygienic and organised in the kitchen but before I started I failed to realise I had no washing up liquid to fill the bowl with nice soapy water (the washing bowl was full from yesterday evening) or even remotely sorted my work area so pretty much got raw chicken juice all over and had no way of wiping it up. It was literally like a sketch from a crap comedy act! Hubby got home to me taking my raw chicken covered clothes off and standing in the kitchen looking overwhelmed-even choosing a takeaway was too taxing for my brain!
In the shower I lathered up one foot, put it back on the floor and then started to lather the other foot so obviously I then nearly slipped and broke my neck! I am normally the most sensible, methodical person going who is very particular about food hygiene etc but literally made a complete mess of everything!

Princesspinkgirl Mon 13-Jun-16 16:49:12

If it helps the other day I was going through my handbag and my purse ended up in the kitchen cupboard hmmgrin

Kariana Mon 13-Jun-16 18:18:15

I'm 21+6 and I have forgotten all nouns, or at least it seems that way. This morning I asked dh to hang something 'on that thing for the clothes when they're drying'. I regularly get stuck in the middle of sentences when I come to proper nouns and it's just getting worse!

ThinkPinkStink Mon 13-Jun-16 18:21:07

How funny Kariana I was just saying to DH that if forgotten all the complex adjectives... I'm okay with simple ones like 'pretty' or 'long' but anything more complex just slips my mind...trying to describe an adjective is hard...

Kariana Mon 13-Jun-16 18:32:19

It's bizarre isn't it ThinkPinkStink, like an entire group of words has just vanished from my vocabulary. The amount of sentences I leave hanging is ridiculous. I tried one sentence 3 times yesterday, each time I was sure I had the word at the start of it but then by the time I got to that part it had completely gone again!

Whatsername17 Mon 13-Jun-16 19:08:08

Be kind to yourself. You are growing two humans!

DrWhy Mon 13-Jun-16 19:13:21

When I come out of the house I frequently can't remember which street I parked the car in!

AutumnRose1988 Mon 13-Jun-16 21:42:05

Whatsername17 aww thank you for your sweet message and thank you everyone for your posts-they make me feel better.

Today I felt particularly drained all of a sudden so nipped to doctors (midwife didn't answer phone when I rang for a bit of a pep talk) he said he didn't think feeling drained was a symptom of pregnancy so wasn't sure why I felt it but could come back for tests. I sometimes feel like I plunge into a good half hour of complete and utter tiredness and being unable to focus but then it lifts (especially if I can have a little rest and a biscuit). Think for some reason today my tiredness was accompanied with a mild panic attack for some reason :-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now