Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Unbearable Rib Pain

(6 Posts)
danielleg2801 Fri 10-Jun-16 12:52:07

I'm 35 weeks and my rib on my right hand side is absolutely killing me! It's been painful for the past 4 weeks. I have told my midwife about it and she doesn't seem remotely interested! I'm struggling to sleep because either side I lie on its putting pressure on my rib. Ice packs help a little but still such bad pain. Anyone else had this or know if this is normal/what it could be?

Thanks xx

Mummato3bambinos Thu 13-Oct-16 10:44:08

Im going through the exact same thing. Im 35 weeks today. Ended up going to hospital last night as in so much pain and they said everything is fine its just baby pushing against my ribs and sent me home but there is no way i can deal with this pain for 5 more weeks

Mummato3bambinos Thu 13-Oct-16 10:45:17

Just seen the dates and you probably have had your baby already. How did you deal with the pain?

steppinstone Thu 13-Oct-16 10:47:53

Rib pain can be a sing of preeclampsia. Has this been ruled out?

abbsismyhero Thu 13-Oct-16 10:50:51

I had a cracked rib during pregnancy from my son booting me in just the right spot

ppole27 Thu 13-Oct-16 14:13:13

I've had the exact same problem for weeks. The doctor tried to fob me off and tell me it was heartburn. This was most certainly not heartburn..

After a visit to the maternity assessment unit they have taken bloods and am awaiting a liver scan.

Gallstones are very common in pregnancy and suspect this may be my issue.

I had a midwife appointment today who advised me if in doubt with any pains or unusual activity to contact assessment unit and insist to be seen asap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now