Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can anyone please help me work it out

(3 Posts)
Staceyaa Fri 10-Jun-16 09:58:37

I need to go for blood tests to make sure I am ovulating, she's told me the 2nd day and day 21, so do I need to book in for bloods day 2 while I am on my period? And 21 days after the day I started my period? Sorry for sounding thick but she's told me that much at the doctors I am confused lol sad

MagpieCursedTea Fri 10-Jun-16 10:06:34

It'll be the 2nd day of your period (I thought it was normally day 3 but go with what they've told you).
The day 21 is to check for ovulation. It's normally done day 21 as they base it on a 28 day cycle. However to get the most accurate result, you should have the test 7 days before your period is due. So if you normally have a 30 day cycle for example, then book it for day 23.
Cycle days are based on when your period starts. So cycle day 1 is the first day of your period.

Staceyaa Fri 10-Jun-16 10:11:16

Thankyou for answering my question smile I have missed out on the day 2 then because i started my period Monday, so I will have to book in day 21 now and then day 2 ov my next period, I am sometimes couple days late on so I hope the results don't come back wrong because of that sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now