Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How to get partner to empathise...

(2 Posts)
Bootcamp1 Thu 09-Jun-16 18:28:34

I am 9 weeks pregs, and suffering with what seems like endless nausea - in reality, it's only been 3 weeks so far, but i feel like it's really taking its toll on my husband . I'm basically totally useless when it comes to any household chores at the moment, so all cooking and cleaning is down to him. He has been wonderful and just got on with it, but it's all done in a very tight-lipped way, and I suspect he thinks I'm milking it half the time. It's made for a bit of a frosty atmosphere in our household at the moment, and I know he is incredibly busy and taking on a lot, but sometimes, especially when I'm feeling so rotten, it would be nice to have a bit of affection and sympathy too! I'm not sure if that is expecting too much really.

I wondered if anyone else had experienced this with their partner, and if there was any way of making him feel less hard-done-by, and that I'm actually quite poorly, not lazy??

Sanch1 Thu 09-Jun-16 19:35:21

Ask him how he'd feel if he had a hangover every day?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now