Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

music for labour....

(15 Posts)
MindfulBear Thu 09-Jun-16 16:13:10

Did anyone create a playlist for their labour? What's on it?!

MagpieCursedTea Thu 09-Jun-16 20:39:12

I did when I had DS and will again this time. I think a lot of people focus on relaxing music. I didn't. I just went for stuff I really like, so loads of rock, metal and punk. Luckily at least one of the midwives had similar tastes to me!

FuckingFattyBitch Thu 09-Jun-16 20:40:29

I gave birth to DS2 listening to ozzy grin

FuckingFattyBitch Thu 09-Jun-16 20:40:49

I just put my phone on shuffle.

Dixiechick17 Thu 09-Jun-16 20:49:19

I didn't, but by chance they were playing the same enya songs that we had at our wedding when the guests were arriving, now when I hear them I immediately think of the wedding day and the day my DD was born, and it really makes me smile smile will take my soppy arse out of here now

butterflylove16 Thu 09-Jun-16 23:10:00

I have some relaxing instrumental music ready on my phone. Throughout my pregnancy I've listened to it when I'm relaxing in the bath which dd seems to love by her movements, so my theory is when I hear the music in labour it will remind me of those relaxing times. That is my 'theory' though, whether or not it will actually help I don't know!

Handsoffmysweets Thu 09-Jun-16 23:21:28

I don't remember what I was listening to but do remember shouting to DH to 'turn that fucking shit off' don't worry about the music OP!

MindfulBear Fri 10-Jun-16 07:06:04

Ha ha. Hands off. That made me chuckle!!! Music can be great for me or it can totally wind me up so I can imagine shouting something similar to DH!!!!

anotherdayanothersquabble Fri 10-Jun-16 07:24:35

I had some lovely orchestral music, was contracting to the rise and fall in the pieces, the midwives commented on it as well. Then one piece rose to this almighty high point and I matched it with the most painful contraction of all three labours! I shouted something along the lines of 'turn the f***ing music off' when I could speak again. Needless to say the rest of my labour and the two subsequent ones were music free zones.
(Though if you could work out the optimum music, I could perhaps be quite useful!)

ItsyBitsyBikini Fri 10-Jun-16 07:27:19

We've got a Spotify play list that we've had throughout the pregnancy. It has a bit of everything on it and bump seems to love really cheesy music so no doubt when he finally turns up it'll be thanks to Tiffany 'I think we're alone now'

Mummyme87 Fri 10-Jun-16 07:53:23

I had a playlist of stuff I liked. A real mix. But then replayed the same song over and over again

Handsoffmysweets Fri 10-Jun-16 09:27:48

Is this your first mindful? Are you hoping for a water birth or anything? I love knowing about other peoples birthing plans! nosy cow

MindfulBear Fri 10-Jun-16 15:35:28

Hi Hands
No this is my 2nd but I had PE and an induction last time so was all highly medicalised - not allowed on the MW led unit so no Waterbirth for me. I really don't remember listening to music though..... Perhaps I did tell DH to turn the F'ing music off... Or perhaps we forgot the speakers?!

This time I would quite like a Water birth but will have to wait and see if I'm allowed on the MW led unit first... Fx! Will try to stay at home for as long as possible to maximise our chances

Have been practicing Hypnobirthing and Mindful Birthing meditation, seeing a chiro and reflexologist so have done all I can to ensure this one goes smoothly. It's in the hands of nature now...... Eek!

Lules Fri 10-Jun-16 15:40:25

I listened to Sorted for E's and Wizz lots of times because the gas and air made me high. Not sure what the MW thought of me!

MindfulBear Fri 10-Jun-16 15:42:53

Lol Lules!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now