Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Second trimester and feeling crap

(12 Posts)
PhloppysFonics Thu 09-Jun-16 10:52:46

I am 16 weeks and still feeling so tired and nauseous. I am sleeping more but still shattered. All I want to do is lie down but I think this is making it worse as I then have no energy, no motivation and morale is low. I have headaches too and feel fuzzy headed all the time, as though I'm sleep deprived.

Feel thirsty constantly but don't know what to drink, everything makes me feel nauseous.

I don't even know what I'm asking, I'm just fed up.

CakeLady456 Thu 09-Jun-16 11:35:52

I was the same up to about 15 weeks and then it eased off. It should pass soon!! Hopefully you've got enough support at home to help you out?

SouthDownsSunshine Thu 09-Jun-16 11:38:07

The myth that you'll feel better when you move into the second trimester is just that - a myth! I have better days now I'm in the second, but I still have many where I feel as rough as in the first trimester.

Drink as much as you can, rest as much as you can, and hopefully it'll ease soon.

FlyingCat Thu 09-Jun-16 11:40:42

Huge sympathy, one thing to check is whether your iron levels might be low, that can lead to exhaustion.
I hope you feel much better soon

FlyingCat Thu 09-Jun-16 11:43:37

Oh, and ice lollies are good for thirst when you feel nauseous

MaudGonneMad Thu 09-Jun-16 11:45:04

Me too - and I'm at 19 weeks. So nauseous, dizzy spells and just feeling wretched sad

MoreGilmoreGirls Thu 09-Jun-16 11:45:56

I was the same, am in my third trimester now and things are much better so it should pass. Agree check your iron levels and take your vitamins, drink and rest as much as you can. Good luck op

missybct Thu 09-Jun-16 12:22:35

I didn't feel super good at 16 weeks - I don't think things eased up until week 20! And I'm now back to feeling crap at 24w because of pain/stretching!

Get iron levels checked - you could be dehydrated if you're feeling increased thirst - as strange as it sounds. Could you use squash/fruit juice with low sugar content? How about sparkling water?

PhloppysFonics Thu 09-Jun-16 14:53:58

Thank you everyone. I just happen to be eating an ice lolly right this moment as i am desperate for that feeling of 'wetness' in my mouth without drinking any more!! I will up my iron levels and see if that helps.

Thankfully I do have some help so I can have a couple of hours to rest in the day from looking after the three year old.

Monday I felt amazing and cleaned and tidied the house, even did a bit of minor DIY but Tuesday I was back to feeling like death again.

Even breathing and keeping my eyes open feels like a massive effort. I want to get to the but where I glow!!

Newmum90 Thu 09-Jun-16 22:13:27

Sorry to hear your still feeling so rubbish. Im 22 weeks now and still get shattered but on the whole it has got better. I had a bout of returned morning sickness and a mini emotional meltdown about week 15 and it seemed to improve after that. Persevere! Xx

smellsofelderberries Thu 09-Jun-16 23:32:34

Also try really really cold drinks. I was lucky and my nausea passed by week 12, but prior to that I was desperately thirsty constantly, and having really cold water and taking constant sips was really helpful. Orange juice too, sometimes the little sugar hit can give you a boost.

HaylesO Thu 23-Jun-16 13:40:49

I am 15 weeks and feel exactly the same. Getting out of bed every morning is a struggle and by 2pm I am nearly asleep on my desk! I have also found my appetite has all but disappeared, and when I do eat I can only face plain toast or crumpets. I want to eat healthier as I am sure it will make me feel lots better but I just can't stomach it. And I am worried that I am not given my baby all the nutrients that it needs sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now