Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Chemical pregnancy positive stories

(25 Posts)
Whatevernext001 Thu 09-Jun-16 09:50:12

Hi All

I'm looking for some positive stories following a chemical pregnancy. Last month I only tested a day early and got 3 bfps followed by a bfn and period 5 days later. I've read so many differing stories about how it can effect fertility afterwards etc. If you have had a similar experience then got pregnant again how long did it take? Thanks

KatharinaRosalie Thu 09-Jun-16 11:10:09

Yes I had exactly the same experience. Got pregnant the very next cycle and had no issues with that pregnancy. And I have several friends with similar expeiences -chemical pregnancies are very common.
I read a lot of studies but did not find any evidence that a single early miscarriage shows in any way that you might have problems in the future. Good luck!

Whatevernext001 Thu 09-Jun-16 12:50:21

Thankyou that's reassuring to hear. I'm glad you had a healthy pregnancy!
I'm on the next cycle but feeling very much like it hasn't happened but have resolved to wait until I'm late to test to avoid any more heartache x

Runningupthathill82 Thu 09-Jun-16 12:51:45

I also got pregnant on the very next cycle. Hope you're as lucky.

iwillbemrsminty Thu 09-Jun-16 13:33:52

I had a chemical in early April. Faint frer lines at 11dpo which only got lighter. And now, two cycles later, here is my 14dpo test. Keep positive. It will happen for you.

Whatevernext001 Thu 09-Jun-16 13:50:54

Wow that's a really strong positive! You must be over the moon!
Keeping my fingers crossed it'll happen soon but trying to think of the positives that it has happened so can happen again smile

iwillbemrsminty Thu 09-Jun-16 14:08:48

That is the one thing I had to keep telling myself after the chemical. I conceived!! I can conceive again! Remind yourself of that on a daily basis. X

Whatevernext001 Sat 11-Jun-16 17:24:15

I will thankyou #minty. I guess it's a waiting game now! Due AF in 4 days so will hold off a week or so if it doesn't arrive!

underrugsswept Sat 11-Jun-16 17:50:04

I got pregnant the month after my chemical pregnancy. Currently 13 weeks smile

Seekingmiracles Sat 11-Jun-16 18:13:26

It is very common unfortunately. Don't let it worry you too much about your future fertility. It's more than likely you'll be able to fall quickly and go on to have normal pregnancy.
I've had 4 miscarriages (2 chemicals) but am now 21 weeks with what I very much hope will be my take home baby. Stay positive and keep trying as and when you feel ready.

Whatsername17 Sun 12-Jun-16 07:59:36

I had a mmc at 13 weeks in January, a chemical in April and then bfp in may. I'm 7 weeks now. My cycles went loopy after the mc and chemical. Normally 28 days but ranged from 24-32 after. Tracking ovulation with the clear blue dual hormone opk worked for me. Good luck flowers

lovelilies Sun 12-Jun-16 08:19:25

Chemical in May last year, was v upset and held of ttc for s couple of months. Got pg again in September and am now 39+3!
Good luck flowers

jjc80 Sun 12-Jun-16 08:22:05

I had a chemical pregnancy last April, got pregnant next cycle & am currently BF my beautiful baby girl whilst writing this. As others have said stay positive!

Scarydinosaurs Sun 12-Jun-16 09:05:03

I have two friends who fell pregnant the month after chemical pregnancies.

mellowyellow1 Sun 12-Jun-16 16:08:30

I had a chemical pg and got pregnant 6 cycles later smile

Catgirl83 Sun 12-Jun-16 17:09:51

I'm sorry OP, it's a horrible thing to go through. I conceived again four months after one in December 2014, had a straightforward pregnancy and our baby is now five months old.

Whatevernext001 Mon 13-Jun-16 18:08:28

Thankyou all for your replies! I just needed a bit of positivity rather than thinking the worse and panicking about the future.

FourForYouGlenCoco Mon 13-Jun-16 18:43:19

Another positive story here! Mmc in August at 11w, chemical pg in October, fell pregnant straight away and now 33 weeks! Good luck OP, I do hope it happens for you soon.

elliej83 Mon 13-Jun-16 22:27:01

I had a chemical pregnancy and got pregnant the next cycle and am currently 21 weeks pregnant.
The doctor told me not to do a test until my period was a couple of days late to save going. Through the heartache of anothe chem pregnancy which is advice I def followed and would have continued to have done. You grieve a chemical pregnancy and it's so hard but the reality is that it wasn't a viable pregnancy so I wouldn't put myself through the heartache of an early test again x

allthegoodnamesalreadytaken Mon 13-Jun-16 22:43:44

Hi I had two chemical pregnancies a month apart and now I'm 36 weeks along on my 3rd try and things are looking good so far. I'm also taking 75mg aspirin daily which I think helped. Its so disheartening but don't lose hope at least it means you can get pregnant.x

Wheels1986 Wed 15-Jun-16 22:29:20

I'd never heard of a chemical pregnancy before, and though I wasn't told that that's what had happened, the more I read up on it the more I think that's what happened to me a couple of days before Christmas last year. Had a period as normal in Jan and then my bfp end of Feb 😊 Currently lying in bed feeling my baby kicking the crap out of me! Good luck!

elliejjtiny Thu 16-Jun-16 00:47:38

I got pregnant with ds3 the month after my chemical pregnancy.

Whatevernext001 Thu 16-Jun-16 17:37:06

Lots of positives which is good. I'm now on cycle day 32. Usually any where between cd28 and 32 I would expect AF but am a bit scared to test!

Wheels1986 Thu 16-Jun-16 18:05:25

I was due on on the Friday but didn't test until the Tuesday to make absolute sure I'd get the most accurate result! Good luck smile xxx

nextchapterplease Thu 16-Jun-16 18:08:10

Good luck OP - happened for me the very next cycle after a chemical too !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now