Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Two vessel umbilical cord - worried!

(8 Posts)
waterbaby82 Wed 08-Jun-16 19:21:50

Hey, I had my twenty week scan today and have been told I have a healthy little girl. The only problem was that the umbilical cord only had two vessels rather than three and I'm so worried!! I'm going back for a growth scan at 32 weeks. Does anyone have any experience of this? Thank you x

Luckystar1 Wed 08-Jun-16 19:25:43

Not me directly, but my very good friend has just had a beautiful and healthy daughter and had a 2vessel cord. She had regular scans and all was perfectly fine (and she was 8lbs 6 so no growth issues).

I hope all remains well, but it's my (limited) understanding that while it's not ideal, it's not uncommon and hopefully poses no issues.

allegretto Wed 08-Jun-16 19:26:17

Yes I had this and had extra scans to check there were no other problems - there weren't and ds is fine. If everything else is good on the scan I was told there was nothing to worry about. Easier said than done I know!

waterbaby82 Wed 08-Jun-16 19:50:47

Thank you, were you able to have a natural labour? x

Sweetheartyparty76 Wed 08-Jun-16 22:52:08

We have found out that we have this too. It was a concern when we found out but I thought if the consultant wasn't worried then we shouldn't be either. Good luck x

allegretto Fri 10-Jun-16 06:32:58

I had a planned csection but for unrelated reasons.

Wheels1986 Fri 10-Jun-16 19:59:38

Friends of ours had this and the midwife actually said they were hoping to have it removed from their 'list' of things to check as it's not something that concerning. Their baby was born early but there's nothing to say it was linked to that. They now have a perfectly healthy little bubs!

pleasethankyouthankyouplease Fri 10-Jun-16 20:07:50

Had this- they monitored growth rate and ended up with elective section ( baby was wrong way round too ..!) Doc a little concerned from scans that the baby was smaller than they would expect but all it was all healthy and happy. Second baby and it was all normal .... No one mentioned 2 vessel so assume it was 3. Never really thought about that till I wrote this ! Hope it goes well for you and you get good advice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now