Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dating Scan wasn't clear.

(4 Posts)
DayDreamin Wed 08-Jun-16 14:17:20

Heya,

I've done some searching and I don't think I should be concerned, but we all worry.

I had my dating scan Monday and we tried 3 times adominally.
1st I had a full bladder (was told too full) Could only see a little bit of head.
2nd I had to empty 3/4 (hardest thing ever) Still only a little bit of head.
Was asked if I would be ok with an Internal. I said yes, anything to see my baby.
3rd Empty bladder, still none.

Even with internal, we still couldn't get the picture we need, but it was good enough for me! We saw a head, 2 arms, 2 legs and best of all, the flickering heartbeat. Up until then, me and Hubby had worried, but once we saw that, we were so happy.

I have to go back again in two weeks for another scan, which means I get too see baby again.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this too.
I want to know if it was down to baby being in an awkward position or something else. My notes mention my high BMI restricting the view, which I'm aware off, but I have no other health issues as far as I'm aware.

I've attached picture too.

Dlah Wed 08-Jun-16 14:20:28

I'm on the larger side myself, my 12 week scan struggled because baby was awkward - tucked away right at back. Was just getting blurred blob on screen lol she made me go walk around for 20 mins to see if baby would move, came back, still curled up and quite fuzzy but it literally stretched out for a split second and she got 1 semi decent picture before it went back into hiding!

20 week scan tomorrow - hoping to see easier now it's bigger smile
Sure it's just little one being awkward! X

YouSay Wed 08-Jun-16 14:42:58

How far along are you?

DayDreamin Wed 08-Jun-16 15:03:21

I thought I was 12 weeks today, but the measurement she managed to get on Monday puts me at at 10+4. She did say I could be a bit more though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now