Talk

Advanced search

TMI - Worried about diarrhea

(8 Posts)
lostoldlogin2 Wed 08-Jun-16 14:12:54

I am very early pregnancy (5 weeks) and last night had a curry and 2 nectarines. ..this morning I woke up with horrendous diarrhea (10 visits to toilet! !!) My midwife said just eat a bland diet and don't worry but I would like a little reassurance if possible. ..has anyone else had this? So worried abut food poisoning. This is my second baby (I have a 5 year old son) and I am trying super hard not to be paranoid this pregnancy (last time I would have been at hospital by now panicking)

Jodie1982 Wed 08-Jun-16 14:17:52

I get bad tummy every time I'm pregnant. Suffering now at 8wks 😣 think I read somewhere that it can be due to Hormones?
It will pass eventually. My last pregnancy I had terrible diarrhea till the end...not knowing that it was due to the polo's I was addicted to lol

birchygoo Mon 13-Jun-16 00:45:46

I had very bad diarrhoea until about 8-9 weeks. It passed. Now at 15 weeks it's the opposite and I would love to be back there. Hormones do very strange things.

NovemberInDailyFailLand Mon 13-Jun-16 01:51:07

It won't hurt you. Happened with all three of mine. Don't take Imodium, though. Stick to plain stuff - toast or rice, avoid dairy and fruit.

PhloppysFonics Mon 13-Jun-16 07:41:38

I had it too but it cleared up at around 10 weeks, now I have bouts of constipation! Just make sure you drink plenty of fluid to replace what you've lost.

sparkleshine83 Mon 13-Jun-16 14:56:57

I got food poisoning last Tuesday at 25 weeks. Partner panicked and called maternity triage and they basically said 'unless you've been unable to keep anything down for 12 hours you're fine, the risk is dehydration'. Baby booted my phone off my lap today so I guess they're pretty ok smile

OhWhatAPalaver Mon 13-Jun-16 16:07:09

I caught something akin to norovirus around 8 weeks, cue a whole week of vomiting and diarrhea. It was god awful but baby is due in 4 days and no issues thus far smile

DesignedForLife Mon 13-Jun-16 19:10:03

I caught some norovirus thing at 5 weeks, on Christmas Day no less sad thoroughly miserable experience, but baby was fine. I'm now 30 weeks and he's doing great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now