Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Trapped nerve?

(3 Posts)
Runningbutnotscared Tue 07-Jun-16 17:36:55

Does anyone here have experience of a trapped nerve in the lower back?

I'm around 26 weeks and for the last week I've had a sore back and some pain running from my bum to the middle of my leg. Could it be a trapped nerve?

What can be done about it? I'm have a very active toddler, a HUGE bump and my back is not helping. Could I have a sports massage to fix it? Would the nhs be able to offer something? Would paracetamol be the best way forward?

It's never happened before so I feel a bit clueless

jcsc Tue 07-Jun-16 18:49:43

Hi
It sounds like sciatica. I'm currently suffering terribly at 31 weeks with a prolapsed disc and extreme sciatica down my entire left side and into my foot. Get referred to physio or go private to one or an osteopath that might help. Hot and cold compress. Warm/hot baths. Swimming may help. I've even got a tens machine (not that it helps massively ) Paracetamol these don't help at all but feel I need to at least try anything. Nothing else they will give you really, if you can't cope they will offer opiut drugs but I've refused these as id rather not take the risk.
Hope it clears up for you soon as I know how painful it is flowers

Sanch1 Tue 07-Jun-16 19:38:54

Sciatica. You should be able to get an nhs referrel in the next 4 weeks, or go to a private physio if you can. Once i had exercises to do with mine it virtually disappeared.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now