Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

longest 9 weeks everrrrrr!!

(7 Posts)
broodykg Tue 07-Jun-16 11:16:00

Hi,

Just had to say that time is going so so slow to get to that 12 week mark!! I'm currently 7 weeks so still have another 5 to go and it just feels like forever. Not helped by the hungry sickness I felt last week has gradually faded so other than slightly sore boobs I feel pretty normal which is obviously worrying me more.

bumblebee86 Tue 07-Jun-16 11:20:21

I know what you mean, I found out when I was 5 weeks and now just over 10, not got my scan until the end of the month when I'll be a lot 13 weeks. It seems to be taking forever to get there and I can't wait to see my baby. I did have an early scan about 8 weeks but couldn't see much then, looked more like a blob on the screen. Although we did see the heartbeat which reassured me. I don't think the all day nausea or tiredness like I've never known have helped and are probably making time drag.
I've read though that some people's symptoms do ease off and if you have no bleeding or any symptoms like that fingers crossed everything should be fine. I have had days for the last couple of weeks where I've felt better and then some bad days again so I guess they can come and go. x

broodykg Tue 07-Jun-16 11:27:58

Yeah, we found out at 3+5 so it seems like a long time already. We are going to have a scan next week at 8+3 just for some reassurance before telling immediate family although I know we won't see a lot, will be nice if we hear a heartbeat (fingers crossed).

Yes I've read about symptoms coming and going so trying not to read to much into it.

X

Ellie06 Tue 07-Jun-16 19:39:27

I feel your pain, I found out at 3+3 and am only 6+4 now, time is dragging!

Princesspinkgirl Tue 07-Jun-16 20:11:01

It does in those early weeks I'm now 11+2 all is good so far smile

ThinkPinkStink Wed 08-Jun-16 00:01:20

I completely empathise, those first few weeks, before the medical profession get involved, and when you usually haven't told many people drag like nothing I've ever known before.

The time between 5 weeks (when I found out) and 10 weeks when we had the booking in appointment lasted for about 75 years. And then again the three weeks between booking in and the dating scan.

If it's any consolation, I'm now 23 weeks and it seems to be speeding up (almost scarily so). I have heard that the final 4 weeks also last a lifetime. Booo!

MyKingdomForBrie Wed 08-Jun-16 00:03:41

Mine speeded right up until I'm now counting down the last weeks til mat leave and it is draaaggging.. Second trimester mostly flew by.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now