Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cramping and backache at 16 weeks

(4 Posts)
sophieeleanorxx Tue 07-Jun-16 06:00:06

I've been woken up this morning to cramping in my stomach and hips shooting up my back. I'm at the hospital today for a bloods test I'm going to the maternity ward for it is it worth speaking to someone there or do I need to ask my own midwive. I would love just a quick check to no my baby is ok can't stop worrying!

shabbychic1 Tue 07-Jun-16 08:51:28

Definitely ask there, if they can't help they'll direct you to your midwife. Good luck! flowers

smellsofelderberries Tue 07-Jun-16 14:20:26

I had a lot of cramping and backache for several days and it got really bad when I was 15+6. I would talk to them when you're up at the hospital and hopefully they'll check you over. My hospital has a walk-in EPU so I was up there twice having everything checked (scan/doppler, urine check and swabs done, internal exam to check cervix) and they were Adams t that, even though everything was fine, I had done the right thing by being checked out and I should always go up if I'm having discomfort/pain that doesn't go away.

Good luck. Hopefully it's just growing pains (that's what mine was) or a bladder infection or something. Baby has a huge growth spert between weeks 14 and 17, they triple their body weight, so it seems common for that to coincide with lots of cramps and niggles.

coppergrey Tue 07-Jun-16 15:46:20

I'm 16w today and have really bad lower back pain at the moment. Between 14-15w I also had all sorts of cramping and general niggles... like smells says, they grow so much so quickly, you're bound to feel it!

Definitely go get checked out and put your mind at ease, though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now