Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hcg level at four weeks?

(8 Posts)
Tilly3454 Mon 06-Jun-16 21:22:23

Hey!

Did anyone have their levels checked at four weeks?!
I've just had my results for 3 weeks 6 days and the level was 204. When I asked if they were good she avoided the question!

It's got me slightly worried and am having a repeat test on Wednesday.

Thanks!

Ml1091 Mon 06-Jun-16 22:04:48

My experience is slightly different to yours. My hcg was tested at 5 weeks and again 2 days later.

They said my hcg had dropped in 48 hours and were preparing me for miscarriage. I went for an internal scan the next day so they could see if there was anything there. Which there was.

I am now 12 weeks and baby is growing perfectly.

I wouldn't always be so worried so early.

Princesspinkgirl Mon 06-Jun-16 22:12:02

Its very normal at this stage best advice is to wait the 48 hours 're rest hcg good luck op

Parney Tue 07-Jun-16 14:43:25

I came across this a few weeks ago when I was at the stage of googling everything. I'm not sure how accurate it may be or even if it is at all. I think the main thing they will monitor is whether it doubles over 48 hours, not how much there is. As PP have demonstrated, everyone is different so look after yourself until Wednesday. I'm sure all will be fine.

CarrotVan Tue 07-Jun-16 15:58:23

It's not the number that matters but the progression. Mine was 270 at a similar stage and then 740 for the re-test

Highlove Tue 07-Jun-16 16:40:14

Mine was 63 at four weeks exactly. The nurse I spoke to wasn't optimistic. At five weeks exactly it was 1200-something. 31 weeks tomorrow.

As others have said, it's the rate it rises at which is most important. But that said, your level at 3+6 would be cause for cautious optimism at my clinic.

cheapredwine Tue 07-Jun-16 18:55:10

I was told a bHCG of >25 is regarded as a pregnancy, but as others have said, it's the doubling which is the crucial thing. Mine was 395 at about your stage but at that point it was twins. Hope the levels tomorrow have increased nicely OP, know how worrying it is.

Tilly3454 Wed 08-Jun-16 12:48:07

Thank you all for your comments. I'm being retested today after work, I'm so nervous! But I can't change what the test will results will be so just need to stay positive for now. Fingers crossed I get a good number smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now