Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Losing weight in pregnancy?

(2 Posts)
BelliniButterfly Mon 06-Jun-16 21:15:07

Hi everyone

I am currently 18 weeks pregnant with my first child. Before I got pregnant I worked really hard with calorie counting, healthy eating and exercise to lose around 7 stone. Since I found out I was pregnant I've found it hard to relax with my eating habits and have since lost 1st 4lbs. I'm 5ft 5in and 11st 12lbs so I am still overweight. Has anyone else lost weight healthily like this throughout pregnancy?

I had a private gender scan 1 week ago and baby was measuring perfectly. I guess I am slightly concerned because I have suffered with eating issues in the past and I don't want to get obsessed with weight. I am however struggling with body image and the fact that I will need to gain some weight.

Sorry this has turned into a ramble! Any thoughts welcomed.

mangocoveredlamb Mon 06-Jun-16 21:18:55

Can you find out the "correct" number of calories to have while pregnant and work to that? I don't think you should be aiming to loose weight, as I'd worry about the diasapintment when gig inevitably don't.
I've lost around 6kg this pregnancy due to being very ill, but my reading suggests that it quite usual for those of us who start a bit overweight will loose in the first trimester or so!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now