Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

BFP, line is fading slightly. Help

(41 Posts)
ljomrs Mon 06-Jun-16 21:13:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ljomrs Mon 06-Jun-16 21:16:28

Jodie1982 Mon 06-Jun-16 21:24:11

I'm sure ur fine hun. Stop the testing. It's still positive. You will experience all sorts of aches n pains now your pregnant.
I only ever test the once. I know If I over did it I'd send myself insane.
Try n relax. Congratulations. X

ljomrs Mon 06-Jun-16 21:26:31

Rocket82 Mon 06-Jun-16 21:35:46

Hello, the darkness of pregnancy tests isn't always reliable in the early stages. However, combined with your side pain I think you should get it checked out. Could you go to an EPU to try to get a scan to rule out ectopic pregnancy?

thecatsarecrazy Mon 06-Jun-16 22:02:33

Don't keep testing. You will stress yourself out

Princesspinkgirl Mon 06-Jun-16 22:13:32

As others suggested stop testing I would talk with epu flowers

ljomrs Mon 06-Jun-16 22:31:19

dogsdieinhotcars Mon 06-Jun-16 22:37:26

So you're about 5 weeks pregnant. Did you do your tests first thing in the morning when wee is concentrated or later in day after drinking more? This could affect the different line colours.

ljomrs Mon 06-Jun-16 22:42:49

dogsdieinhotcars Mon 06-Jun-16 22:50:57

I think you shouldn't do any more tests until you are over 6 weeks (from your LMP not conception). Then do a test. BUT If you are in pain radiating to right or left then you should see your GP. HCG levels (what these tests measure) can fluctuate in ectopic pregnancy, and even if (hopefully) you are ok, you should take sided pain seriously in early pregnancy. A GP can refer you to an EPAU (early pregnancy assessment unit), but they should do a clinical assessment and pregnancy test of their own first.

ljomrs Mon 06-Jun-16 22:53:13

dogsdieinhotcars Mon 06-Jun-16 22:57:42

Well do take care of yourself. Hope all goes well. flowers

ljomrs Tue 07-Jun-16 16:23:11

middlings Tue 07-Jun-16 16:26:39

ljomrs just to reassure you, if you're used to running, running 10k will have had absolutely NO impact whatsoever.

Hope you get good news - look after yourself

Bigfam Tue 07-Jun-16 16:30:59

Hope all goes well at your appointment with gp.
Just a thought, obviously you've kept the older tests, were the lines always that dark on the more visible tests, is it possible that because the tests were taken a while ago the original line blurred/evaporated and became darker?
I hope that's the case, all the best. smile

ljomrs Tue 07-Jun-16 16:31:29

ljomrs Tue 07-Jun-16 16:34:45

ListenToYourHeart Tue 07-Jun-16 16:35:08

Good luck at the GP...

Have you got a early pregnancy unit at your local hospital? If I was you I'd ring them direct.

My gp seemed to have no clue when I went to him with brown spotting etc, then at my first midwife appointment she advised always calling the EPU as the gp's advice isn't always accurate and early pregnancy is the EPU's speciality.

Try stay positive flowers

ljomrs Tue 07-Jun-16 16:35:47

Querty12345 Tue 07-Jun-16 16:39:07

Hi lj wishing you the best at your appointment flowers

ljomrs Tue 07-Jun-16 16:48:32

Jodie1982 Tue 07-Jun-16 17:11:33

Good luck with your appt. Have you phoned the EPU? They are very helpful and can arrange scans etc.

ljomrs Tue 07-Jun-16 17:47:07

magicaltoaster Tue 07-Jun-16 17:53:35

I had a positive pregnancy test that must of been taken when I was about 8 weeks pregs, then another a week later that was so faint that the nurse didnt want to confirm or deny the pregnancy until the scan. It turned out I was pregnant and had a perfectly healthy baby, really not sure why that happened to me, faulty test or whatever, but it did. I am just sharing in the hope it might reassure you, although obviously it might not be for the exact same situation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now