Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

BFP - now what?

(7 Posts)
vgiraffe Mon 06-Jun-16 15:21:48

Hi all, I have recently got my first BFP, just over a week ago smile Not long ago I was diagnosed with PCOS and started Metformin. I only had 2 periods so not really sure what my cycle is - however, think I am about 6 weeks.

My question now is what happens next?? I am not having any symptoms so it is hard to believe that I really am pregnant! I have contacted my GP surgery and they have instructed me to fill in an antenatal booking form - which says they aim to see me by 12 weeks. I thought maybe I would see someone before that, be it my GP or a midwife - is this normal? I just feel like I need something to happen for me to believe it!

ElspethFlashman Mon 06-Jun-16 15:24:37

No you don't see anyone for aaaaages. It sucks. Technically of course there's no need if you're not bleeding.

But it is a very anxious limbo.

Marshpillow Mon 06-Jun-16 15:31:13

Congratulations! Yeah the first trimester seems to drag because you're waiting so long to have your first appt! For now just take folic acid and hope that you don't get morning sickness smile

vgiraffe Mon 06-Jun-16 16:22:37

Thanks smile I guess I will just wait to hear from them then. It just seems strange after so much time, hoping etc. that there aren't fanfares!! We have decided not to tell anyone yet either so doesn't feel real. Almost hoping for some symptoms although know I'm lucky to not have any!

Keely93 Mon 06-Jun-16 16:41:11

I had my first midwife appointment at 8 weeks and my next at 12. Mate it depends on what area you're in? I'm not sure. But good luck and congratulations! X

Ellie06 Mon 06-Jun-16 19:05:29

I was surprised how long it took, esp as websites etc say let GP know as soon as you find out you are pregnant! I was quite lucky, had my booking appointment at 6 weeks, depends where you are I think. Won't see anyone again now until my scan which she said would prob be near 14 weeks rather than 12.

vgiraffe Mon 06-Jun-16 22:53:50

Thanks. I found some info on their website that I hadn't seen before, which suggests that they do the first appt at about 8 weeks so hopefully won't be waiting long!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now