Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else feeling utterly miserable and fed up?!

(26 Posts)
foxessocks Mon 06-Jun-16 13:05:01

I'm being a total bitch to my dh a lot of the time. Have zero patience with my 2 yo. I feel tired and grumpy and just plain old fed up. I'm 6 months pregnant so got a while to go yet so hope this doom and gloom lifts soon!

I wonder if there's anything I can do to lift my spirits? I should be happy I am happy to be pregnant just feel so grumpy sad

OldFarticus Mon 06-Jun-16 13:18:05

Hello foxes

Can I join the pity party please? 12 weeks and my vomiting has got much worse. I also found out that my LO had a "vanished twin" and can't stop thinking about the empty sac on the scan. sad Which is pathetic because I am carrying a healthy baby.

Can you leave the LO with your OH while you get some time to yourself tonight? Even just a nice bath and an early night can lift the spirits. It's difficult though - normally I go and buy myself something nice but I can't fit any nice clothes, my feet are swollen and even scented candles make me have!

<whinge>

flowers for you. It's them hormones!

foxessocks Mon 06-Jun-16 13:30:17

Oh you poor thing, pregnancy sickness is just horrible. And sorry to hear about your scan flowers

I'm not feeling sick anymore thankfully but I feel old and tired and grumpy! Thing is my dh would happily take my DD whenever I ask but I just don't seem to have the get up and go to make it happen i just keep plodding along feeling sorry for myself but not motivated to do anything about it! Utterly ridiculous.

I will try and make an effort to get out of this rut I think. Bloody hormones.

PenelopePitstops Mon 06-Jun-16 13:42:10

Me, 9 weeks and sick as a dog.

Totally exhausted too despite naps!

foxessocks Mon 06-Jun-16 14:46:40

Oh sorry about all the sickness I feel bad now since I am past that stage at last. Hope it clears up for you soon. It's hideous!

OldFarticus Mon 06-Jun-16 15:04:49

I know the feeling - sometimes you really have to force yourself to do something when you reeeeeally just CBA! The good thing is that when you do it's often worth it.

Since you are no longer feeling sick why not get your DH to bring some nice dinner home for you and the LO? You can enjoy for me too because I will probably still be talking to the big white telephone.... envy

SpeckledFrog2014 Mon 06-Jun-16 17:48:29

Can I have a whinge too? It's the heat here. I've been pregnant for two hot summers now! Baby is almost fully cooked here (I'm enormous now,baby has really dropped and stomach muscles have given up). I am also getting a little short with my 19 month old at times, but she doesn't understand mummy can't crawl in and out of the baby tent 50 times an hour! Also especially when she refuses to go to sleep, I need that hour of down time! I honestly don't know if I can even face cooking dinner tonight. If this was my first I'd be eating indecent amounts of chocolate haha, I'm already secretly shovelling it in when I can. Maybe that's the answer- chocolate!

foxessocks Mon 06-Jun-16 18:07:27

I think chocolate is always the answer! We had a really easy dinner tonight chicken and chips and beans and dh did most of the work (I.e. putting stuff in oven!). I think ice cream may help!

SpeckledFrog2014 Mon 06-Jun-16 18:23:19

Or the curry I've just ordered grin dd had a healthy well balanced lunch so I'm sure a little veg curry with salad won't hurt her tonight in these exceptional circumstances!

foxessocks Mon 06-Jun-16 18:32:03

Definitely not, whatever helps at moments like this!

PenelopePitstops Mon 06-Jun-16 18:50:58

Nom I'd love a curry! I have no other children so no idea what to expect, I really hope this sickness wears off soon.

Speckled, hope your baby arrives soon.

Oldfart, I totally get what you mean about effort. Work was a chore today.

fitzbilly Mon 06-Jun-16 18:56:25

I'm six months and the heat is getting to me, usually I love the heat! I am exhausted and trying to muster up the motivation to go swimming, but also reluctant incase it leaves me feeling exhausted tomorrow, but I am trying to exercise five days a week.

fitzbilly Mon 06-Jun-16 19:07:48

PS I am also grumpy!

PontypandyPioneer Mon 06-Jun-16 19:16:32

Can I have a moan too! 5 weeks 5 days to go - and yes I'm counting down every day!!

I have a 20 month old DS who doesn't stop running and will only have a nap if I take him out for a walk for an hour!

Along with being uncomfortable at night and needing the loo 3/4 times a night I'm not good company at all!!

RochelleGoyle Mon 06-Jun-16 19:18:26

I'm 26 weeks, horribly grumpy, ache everywhere and am totally hating this heat. Also doing 6 public transport journeys per day. I'm miserable with you OP! cake

TrouserSnake Mon 06-Jun-16 19:31:35

Yay! Fellow whingers! 31 weeks here and SO fucked off. Knackered, unable to deal with mad toddler, crippling SPD and also got gestational diabetes so no chocolate or cake to make it better and endless stabbing myself in the fingers. Am properly fucking miserable.

foxessocks Mon 06-Jun-16 20:06:04

Sorry to hear you're all as grumpy as me but I am glad not to be alone!

My own mad toddler is now in bed! Not before making me play hide and seek for ages and crawl into spaces I can't get into!

Tealeaf321 Mon 06-Jun-16 20:32:34

Must be the weather! I'm 22 +4 no sickness but piled on the weight and really struggling carrying the extra in this heat. Dp stressing me out over work related shit and what I really need to deal with the stress is a cigarette and a vodkasmile
Just had a shower and got into clean bed and it seems to of taken the edge off the grumpiness grin

PickledLilly Mon 06-Jun-16 23:54:27

26 weeks and grumpy as fuck here. Absolutely exhausted, feel like shit, crippling SPD means I'm in constant agony, pg insomnia means I'm surviving on 2-3 hours sleep a night, my nearly 3 year old is being a toerag, work is shit and I'm in the middle of trying to sort a house move. All I want to do is pull the duvet over my head and for the entire world to fuck the fuck off.

becksmumtobe Tue 07-Jun-16 08:48:53

30 weeks and totally fed up and grumpy! Have an awful cold, absolutely shattered, 6yo DD is going through a "be mean to mummy" stage, work colleague problems and I've had enough now sad
Its only 8:48 but roll on bedtime!!!!

melonribena Tue 07-Jun-16 23:10:32

Hi everyone!
24 weeks and miserable today. Sat down this evening and discovered swollen ankles! Never had this with my first!

Babytalkobsession Wed 08-Jun-16 02:39:03

I'm 37 weeks and been bouncing furiously on my ball tonight as I want him out! It's the bloody heat that's getting me & lack of cool / floaty maternity clothes! Refuse to buy more now and feel like I've been pregnant for ever grin

If you have toddlers a good tip in this weather is playing with the hose pipe / paddling pool...'mummy's just going to sit here with her (massive puffy) feet in the water while you splash...heaven!

BeauticianNotMagician81 Wed 08-Jun-16 13:34:30

35+5 here. I desperately want ds4 to arrive early. I feel rubbish. I've struggled all pregnancy. I felt fine with my first 3. This time around I'm constantly breathless, hot, dizzy and so so emotional. Last night I had a big, snotty, crying fit then I started laughing as it was so ridiculous. I've never known emotions like it. I think I scared DH. If all my pregnancies had been like this one I definitely wouldn't have had four.

mypropertea Wed 08-Jun-16 13:37:46

I read this a few days ago but in my lethargy didn't post. I'm 22 weeks and felt terrible, bump ached, tired, a bit sick.

Anyway I feel epic today. I started antybiotics on Monday after a middle of the night dash to the hospital for what felt like labour. Turns out for the last 2 weeks I have had a kidney infection and not realised.

The moral of this is, are you shore your not ill and stupid (like me) as opposed to just pregnant and moody?

foxessocks Wed 08-Jun-16 20:30:38

How's everyone feeling today?

I've got the midwife tomorrow so will make sure that everything I'm feeling is normal (pretty sure it is!). I just feel so exhausted all the time. We had the paddling pool out here this afternoon so that was good. I'm feeling in a better mood now but just lethargic and not my usual self!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now