Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

where can i buy nice (and reasonable) maternity dress for summer parties and weddings

(21 Posts)
iloveberries Mon 06-Jun-16 12:58:23

I need a couple of nice dresses to see me through mid pregnancy this summer.

can't find anything on mothercare/H&M/New Look and am not keen to spend £150 on a seraphine number (although v nice!)

Any other shops I've missed? Ideally spend around £60 per dress if possible....

HP07 Mon 06-Jun-16 13:04:05

Asos do some nice ones. I just bought one for a wedding, it was about £50ish and had lots of compliments on how pretty it was.

BuntyBlue Mon 06-Jun-16 13:13:04

ASOS.com have a great range of maternity wear.

SpecialStains Mon 06-Jun-16 13:14:16

Asos have a good range for that budget. Depending on how pregnant you are, I'm 30 weeks and still fit non maternity clothes. Got a fancy ball next weekend and just wearing something non maternity with a high waistline. I find a lot of the dresses from isabelle oliver and seraphine and the like just a bit too mumsy and frumpy (though I think they would look nicer on a taller person than myself, I bought a few I need to return).

Are these any good?
floral

lace overlay

sundress

If you tell us your size/height and likes and dislikes we can help more!

iloveberries Mon 06-Jun-16 13:18:06

I'm liking the idea of help!

I'm a size 10...
I forgot to mention asos - ordered a load from there but they all went back as really badly fitting and IMO poor quality...

Augustwedding Mon 06-Jun-16 13:21:52

Jojo Bebe mama

HoggleHoggle Mon 06-Jun-16 13:26:29

Agree with Jojo Maman Bebe. Free delivery too.

I got some nice dresses from Mamas and Papas which were maternity but could also be worn afterwards as nursing dresses. Not too pricey and money well spent - they're cut really cleverly and I still wear them now even though I'm neither pregnant nor breastfeeding.

MyKingdomForBrie Mon 06-Jun-16 13:33:02

I got a couple from eBay if you don't mind second hand.. Seraphine but super cheap! You wouldn't know they'd been worn.

Gardencentregroupie Mon 06-Jun-16 13:42:09

Next and Topshop both have maternity dresses that look nice online

iloveberries Mon 06-Jun-16 13:44:20

Thanks all smile

SeashellHoarder Mon 06-Jun-16 15:20:24

There's some great Seraphine dresses on eBay, obviously second hand, but they are lovely quality dresses, might be worth a look?

icklekid Mon 06-Jun-16 15:31:12

Debenhams?
maxi

lace

wrap but would need accessories...

SpecialStains Mon 06-Jun-16 15:41:15

Those are nice, ickle. I'd never thought to look on debenhams website.

minipie Mon 06-Jun-16 15:50:55

Yes I'd suggest ebay/gumtree too. These kind of maternity "occasion" dresses tend to get worn once only (and by someone who's not drinking and usually not partying too hard!) so they are in perfect condition.

Wheels1986 Mon 06-Jun-16 16:00:27

I got a Heavenly Bump dress for £32 on eBay for a wedding/birthday meal I have over the summer. They had quite a few nice designs too. Dorothy Perkins have a very small selection online. I recently bought New Look maternity jeans from Amazon for much less than they would be in shop as well, might be worth a look!

ItsLikeRainOnYourWeddingDay Mon 06-Jun-16 16:40:15

Asos without a doubt. Free delivery and free returns doesn't hurt either.

iloveberries Mon 06-Jun-16 17:13:05

LOVE that lace one ickle smile

Radegund Mon 06-Jun-16 22:17:53

I got a couple from here: www.milkandmummy.com/

cautiousoptimist1 Mon 06-Jun-16 22:56:26

The lace one posted by ickle is also available in navy from Dorothy Perkins. I wore it to a wedding 3 weeks ago at 36 weeks and it was comfortable and flattering (as much as anything can be!).

icklekid Tue 07-Jun-16 06:16:20

Ohh good glad to have been of use. They had in navy but not in size 10 but good idea looking at dorothy perkins direct if would prefer blue (all my dresses are blue!)

Thistledew Tue 07-Jun-16 06:39:30

I am normally a size 10 and have picked up a few nice dresses in TKMaxx just by buying a size 14 (I'm now 34 weeks). Look for a stretchy and/or loose fabric and a style that is not tailored at the waist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now