Advanced search

Non-British father being put on birth certificate

(3 Posts)
user1465204432 Mon 06-Jun-16 10:23:08

Hello all! I'm due 13th July. My partner is living abroad and won't be coming over for the birth or after, and we are not married. Want to fill out a Declaration of Acknowledgment of Parentage but am unsure if a magistrate, solicitor, or judge can sign it over there, or will it need to be done over here? OR could it get signed over there then confirmed to be true over here?
Confused! Help!

CarrotVan Mon 06-Jun-16 11:13:39

I would suggest you talk to the registrar about what it required legally and what will be recognised in the UK if your partner completes it abroad.

malvinandhobbes Mon 06-Jun-16 11:59:30

I would contact your registry and ask.

I don't know the current law, buy my DH and I were both in the country on work permits when our first child was born (years ago now). We were not married, and establishing his parental rights was going to be complicated and expensive. In the end we got married, and that has worked out just fine (but I am sure not the solution you are looking for).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now