Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

getting progesterone prescription in south of France

(4 Posts)
provencehelp Mon 06-Jun-16 08:49:30

I've posted this on a couple of places as I don't know where is best. In the Uk I had seen a private doctor about fertility problems and a previous miscarriage. The doctor said if I became pregnant I should take progesterone. Well, after a year of trying, I'm now about 7 weeks pregnant and currently in Provence, France. I emailed my doctor who said I should take progesterone but I would need to come back to UK to be prescribed it. This would be a last resort if I had to.

I'm looking for advice on whether it's possible to get progesterone prescribed in France, and recommendations on who to see in the south of France? I don't speak French.

Thanks

blue2014 Mon 06-Jun-16 09:43:45

Can't you ask your usual doctor for an email prescription then have it posted to you?

I was having treatment in Czech Republic and both their clinic and a clinic in London posted it to me (you can pay for fast track) - you'll just need the email prescription first

blue2014 Mon 06-Jun-16 15:08:46

Ps. If this thread isn't getting many replies maybe post over in infertility where more people may know?

provencehelp Mon 06-Jun-16 19:08:11

Thanks for answering. I spoke to my UK doctor in the UK this morning who said any GP should be able to prescribe it. So I went to a local doctor and showed them the email from my UK doctor which stated the dosage suggestion and the local doctor was happy to prescribe it for me. I'm relived but surprised, I can't imagine a doctor in the UK would have done that. Panic over.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now