Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Period 2 Weeks Late - Can 3 Negative Pregnancy Tests be Wrong??

(6 Posts)
Jade1928 Sat 04-Jun-16 18:28:45

Please can any help?? Any advice??
Can 3 negative pregnancy tests be wrong? Why is my period two weeks late?
I am 23 years old and my periods are like clockwork (To the point were it almost always starts early morning). My cycle is 27-28 days. My period was due to start 21st May, meaning it is now 2 weeks late! I have done three pregnancy tests;
28th May - Sainsbury's Own (Result - Negative)
31st May - Sainsbury's Own (Result - Negative)
Today 4th June - Boots Own (Result - Negative)
I have been experiencing some symptoms but as this would be my first pregnancy I can only match my symptoms to what I have read on the internet... So some may not be relevant;
I have been feeling bloated most days since period due, slight constipation, stomach pains on and off (Don't feel like period pains, there are more in my stomach then in my pelvis region like period pains), tiredness, feeling nausea mainly in evening but this morning I woke up with stomach pains stronger then normal and 5 minutes later vomiting (Only small amount), Small discharge below (Sorry to much info). My husband and I have been sexual active using Withdrawal (Pull Out Method) several times thought May - We have spoke about starting a family soon but haven't really been trying, so not concerned if we are expecting but just really want to know either way - as if I'm not pregnant I'm wondering if something else is wrong!
I'm starting to think I'm going mad and as surely 3 pregnancy tests can't be wrong?

TweeterandtheMonkeyman Sat 04-Jun-16 18:40:51

Every so often (like once every few years) I completely skip a period for no reason. I get a normal period the next month. Weirdly I got pregnant both times on the monthly cycle after this had happened! Having said that those do sound like early pregnancy symptoms so maybe you need to see GP.

LumpishAndIllogical Sat 04-Jun-16 19:16:06

I have randomly missed a few periods in my life thought I had pregnancy symptoms, but never had any conception issues. (I always conceive during first cycle when tried and not tried ha)

So not sure if 1 late/missed period will be an issue for conception. However def go see your doc if concerned as being sick and stomach pains

Ellie06 Sat 04-Jun-16 20:35:53

I'd maybe see a doctor if I was you as the other option could be that you are pregnant but it is ectopic. My friend had an ectopic pregnancy and only started to get very faint positives over a week and a half after her period was late. They can be quite dangerous so it's worth getting it checked out.

ForkandaSpoon2016 Thu 29-Sep-16 22:42:23

Jade1928 was it good news for you in the end??

I'm having the same concerns,
I'm now 2 weeks late, no signs of aunt flo and I'm getting frustrated!!

My husband and myself decided in January 2016 we wanted to start trying to expand our family, I came off my pill 1.1.16 having been on it for almost 5 years. It took 4 months to the day for a period to show, since then I've had them 4 weeks to the day, untill last month where I was 10 days late, this month iv hit 14 days late, getting mega cramps, tiedness all the time, still have the creamy white discharge ( ewww! Sorry! ) iv been feeling bloated almost every day, headaches and most lunch times this week iv felt nauseous, couldn't put that down to being hungry or just pure nausea feeling.
Iv done 4 HPTs - x2 waitroses own and x2asda , all 4 came up negative.
We are so desperate to start a family it's starting to stress me out! Which in tow doesnt help matters 🙈
Iv read all sorts on Google but now I'm not sure if I'm reading to much into it and imagining I have the symptoms or whether they are actully there!!

If anyone has any advise please... I'm open to the imput!

* I have a Dr's appt Wednesday... heres to hoping for some sort of explain or help or good news!!

BoBo90 Thu 29-Sep-16 23:12:29

Fork it could still be the pill messing with you. Just because your periods start to seem regular doesn't mean they won't go crazy again. Best thing to do is track your ovulation so you can tell when your period should truly arrive and when it is late.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now