Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is it possible to feel baby move already or did they date me wrong? PLEASE HELP!

(5 Posts)
bethh29 Sat 04-Jun-16 13:32:57

Okay so this is my second baby and I am losing my mind! I had a private dating scan because I had a ectopic pregnancy last year and couldn't wait to check everything was okay! They have put me at 10+5 (this was Thursday I'm now 11) I'm sure that by my periods I should be 12 weeks if not more?

On the screen the baby had so much detail looked like a 12 week+ scan, the picture they gave me looks like a blob! (They put it in an envelope and I didn't see it until I was out of there)

Past few days I keep thinking I can feel the baby move but just brushing it off as wind because I'm too early... This morning it's stronger and I'm 99% sure it has to be baby, feels exactly the same as I had with my son!(now 2)

With my son I didn't show at all till 7 months, I've been showing a tiny bit for about a month now if not longer. They dated my son a month wrong because he has a singular umbilical artery resulting in him looking smaller. So I'm wondering if they could have done the same?

So basically I'm just looking for advice and opinions on what everyone thinks, am I going mad? Can I feel my baby? Are my dates right?

Thankyou, Bethsmile

Cheekylittlemonkeypants Sat 04-Jun-16 13:37:58

I can't answer whether your dates are correct but I know that I was definitely feeling DC2 at 11+3, so you probably are feeling movement.

Quodlibet Sat 04-Jun-16 22:12:31

Yes I was feeling dc2 at just before 11 wks too so entirely possible.

MrsJoJo Sat 04-Jun-16 23:13:33

14 weeks with dc2 here, felt movement at 11 weeks too... Convinced myself it was too early but it's been too consistent to be anything else!

hopeful31yrs Sat 04-Jun-16 23:23:19

Yes - second pregnancy and felt this one move at 11 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now