Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Girls weekend away tomorrow dying for a glass of wine

(49 Posts)
sophieeleanorxx Fri 03-Jun-16 13:48:33

I'm going to see my friends in Leeds tomorrow I'm so excited haven't seen them since I upped and left my abusive relationship in march. They have stuck by me the minute I found out I was pregnant at work(getting emotional now) and still continue to support me and text me everyday without a fail even though I'm a 100 miles away. Anyway now I'm over that speech I'm 15 weeks nearly 16 weeks pregnant and dying for a glass or just a drip of wine or something. Honestly is it ok for me to have a glass with a meal tomorrow night. Has anyone else done it? Because I've wrote on net mums and had to delete my post because of the abuse I got.

DirtyBlonde Fri 03-Jun-16 13:52:01

How old are the girls? because if your friends are all bringing their DDs and they are quite young, it'll not be a boozy affair for the adult women anyhow.

So quite possible you won't feel the urge as strongly as you anticipate right now.

DocMcFanjo Fri 03-Jun-16 13:53:03

I would (and have). Make it just the one- a lovely chilled glass of white gets my vote- and savour it.

Congrats on your pregnancy and escape x

frikadela01 Fri 03-Jun-16 13:53:51

I had half a glass of proseco topped up with soda water when I was around 18 weeks. That's the only drink I've had since I've found out. It made me feel included in the celebration (it was a wedding) and is highly unlikely to have had any effect on the baby, who is measuring as expected as of 2 weeks ago (I'm 35+3).

LonnyVonnyWilsonFrickett Fri 03-Jun-16 13:54:45

One is fine. Enjoy your night.

sophieeleanorxx Fri 03-Jun-16 13:56:01

None of my friends have kids there 22! We're going for a spa break and meal at night so not a boozy night like what we use to do. Thankyou! I'm so glad I'm out of that relationship I feel free and finally doing everything that I wanted to do X

Nan0second Fri 03-Jun-16 13:56:58

One is fine. Savour every delicious sip smile

sophieeleanorxx Fri 03-Jun-16 13:58:20

Oh I will! Never thought I'd miss a glass of wine as much as I have especially when I'm not a drinker myself. X

youngestisapsycho Fri 03-Jun-16 13:59:06

You are quite safe to have a couple of glasses of wine.

Sparklesilverglitter Fri 03-Jun-16 14:04:09

I'm pregnant at the moment and personally wouldn't touch alcohol.

However I don't believe 1 glass of wine would be any damage and it's your body so do what you want to do ignore the abuse you got on the net mums.

GenevaJoey Fri 03-Jun-16 14:05:39

I have enjoyed wine many times throughout my pregnancy. I keep it at one small glass and normally don't have one more than once a week. I am happy with my decision and have had a good pregnancy. I live in France and think they are far more relaxed about that sort of thing here.

YorkieDorkie Fri 03-Jun-16 14:07:45

I had one small glass of champagne at Christmas and another at new year but I was around 37 weeks at that point. Personally I wouldn't at that early stage because there's still a lot of major development going on and I was craving wine quite badly at that point! After a few more weeks I wouldn't have been bothered at all. It does pass for most I think! If not then buckle up hehe! Congratulations flowers.

ICanCountToOneHundred Fri 03-Jun-16 14:07:49

Have one and enjoy it, congratulations on your pregnancy and escaping an abusive relationship. Have a lovely time with your friends.

Goingtobeawesome Fri 03-Jun-16 14:08:10

I gave up alcohol as soon as we started trying for a baby and didn't drink again for a long time after if stopped beast feeding. I barely drink now. I don't need alcohol to feel part of anything and actually remember raising orange juice to toast at a family wedding as we were privately ttc again. Properly get the piss taken but why do you need alcohol to enjoy yourself? I'm pretty sure one probably is okay but I wouldn't take the chance and rennet advice, iirc, is to drink nothing while pregnant.

CremeEggThief Fri 03-Jun-16 14:12:24

Either 1 glass of wine or a couple of weak spritzers would be okay, in my view.

sophieeleanorxx Fri 03-Jun-16 14:14:07

I don't need it to enjoy myself I'm not normally a drinker I've been months without drinking when I wasn't pregnant. But usually if I go for a meal I normally just have a glass of wine. It's just the norm for me its not the effect of the wine or anything it's just what I enjoy smile

Buttwing Fri 03-Jun-16 14:18:02

I've got 4dc and I had a small glass of wine most weeks. It will be fine.

Fuzzywuzzywasabear Fri 03-Jun-16 14:30:29

I'm pregnant I've had 1 small glass of wine a couple of times I don't think it does any harm especially with food.

They used to give pregnant women stout during pregnancy and there are millions of adults walking around perfectly fine.

MrsSparkles Fri 03-Jun-16 14:38:23

Yes it's fine. Have it and enjoy it, and a lovely time with your friends!

seven201 Fri 03-Jun-16 14:48:38

I personally would definitely have a glass in your situation. I'd just drink it over a while and not neck it!

DavidPuddy Fri 03-Jun-16 14:51:34

You ask if any one else has had a glass of wine during pregnancy, so to answer your question, yes. I had a delicious glass of red while on holiday at 16 weeks, then small glasses on several other occasions later on. Baby is now five months and thriving.

Tumtitum Fri 03-Jun-16 14:55:27

I had a glass of champagne at my friend's wedding at 16 weeks and on the odd occasion thereafter throughout my pregnancy. Baby was fine. Especially with dinner your blood alcohol levels will be lower smile enjoy!

daydream86 Fri 03-Jun-16 15:04:06

go for it love, I'm 22 weeks and have had the odd small glass of white or prosecco or half a lager once a fortnight or so. once I've had a taste I usually go off it half way through the glass and hand it over to someone else anyway! my midwife and doctor both have no concern whatsoever at this.

hopeful31yrs Fri 03-Jun-16 16:14:51

I didn't want to not drink in my last pregnancy and was fully open to a small glass here and there - until I had a mouthful and ended up feeling like i'd swallowed razor blades due to my reflux. Was gutted. Cant even entertain it this time sad

Consistent drinking in pregnancy will lead to developmental issues. Half a small glass (1 Unit) is absolutely fine on an occasional basis.

missybct Fri 03-Jun-16 16:17:46

I'm 23 weeks and have had a glass of wine on the odd occasion. Definitely once a month - but since about 16 weeks I've sometimes had one a week, but only a small glass and always with a meal.

Enjoy it. One glass is fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now