Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy anxiety again!

(7 Posts)
ilovechocolate80 Thu 02-Jun-16 18:11:05

My pregnancy anxiety has really peaked this last few weeks. I'm so scared of getting sick and something awful happening. I feel stupid even typing this but, this afternoon my DD and I were watching some stormy waves when a giant wave came splashing over us and gave me a mouth full of sea water. I'm now worried with all the crap you get in sea water, it could be dangerous for my baby. I'm 31 weeks. Please someone tell me I'm being an idiot and he'll be fine.

AnUtterIdiot Thu 02-Jun-16 18:44:51

Oh, he'll be fine! A mouthful of seawater will do you no harm whatsoever smile

elliej83 Thu 02-Jun-16 18:50:16

You're not an idiot but you will both be fine smile
I've had this today as the baby hasn't moved around as much as usual. I'm on 20 weeks though so this is not really concerning but I let my mind run away with me.
Positive mental attitude is the best thing for your baby so try and think positively and remember the chances of something going wrong are low x

ilovechocolate80 Thu 02-Jun-16 19:16:46

Thanks ladies. I've tried really hard to keep my anxiety levels in check but I'm failing rapidly at it at the moment. The slightesthing, vaguest risk seems monumental at the moment.

ilovechocolate80 Thu 02-Jun-16 19:20:08

They do move more some days and less and othera though Ellie. It's only if the movements get less and less that you should go for a check in. My neighbour couldn't feel her baby for a day. Went in in the end and baby was just very sleepy it seemed. That was a few months ago - she gave birth to a healthy girl about a month ago. smile

elliej83 Thu 02-Jun-16 19:26:35

Now I've stopp worrying about it ilovechocolate there has been a little football game going on in there this evening smile I've not been well at the moment with a really bad cold so not been a work so I think I just have more time to think about it and I've been moving less too.
I find it impossible too some days. Seeking reassurance from everyone is part of the cycle too. I'll ask 10 people and they say everything will be fine but I'm not convinced so I ask someone else ;)

ilovechocolate80 Thu 02-Jun-16 19:44:34

Ditto!!! I feel less mad now. Thank you xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now