Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

19 weeks stomach pain

(7 Posts)
Snowberry86 Thu 02-Jun-16 08:12:10

About 6pm last night I started having contraction type pains. A really tight, intense pain across my stomach that only lasted about 30 seconds. By 8pm it had developed into pain pretty much all the time and much worse when I moved.

Lots of googling suggested Braxton Hicks (although they are meant to be painless!) and round ligament pain. However I'm not sure if I wasn't just constipated or had trapped wind.

Was up all night in pain but this morning it's just an all over ache rather than pain.

Will ring midwife at 9am but does anyone have any idea what it could be? I don't want to look daft if it's trapped wind but it was so painful!

MyBreadIsEggy Thu 02-Jun-16 08:16:59

Braxton hicks aren't always painless even though that's what all the websites will tell you!
Kind of like when you're about to have an injection with a huge needle and the doctor says "you might feel some mild discomfort".....when he actually means this is going to really hurt!
I had some pretty painful BRaxton hicks in my last pregnancy! Does it go away or stop hurting so much if you change positions or walk around for a bit?

Snowberry86 Thu 02-Jun-16 09:15:31

Yes it doesn't hurt as much now.

Midwife phone line doesn't open till 9:30 but will give them a ring them. I feel ok this morning but just really worried so hope they will agree to listen to baby heartbeat or something just to reassure me he/she is ok.

MintyBojingles Thu 02-Jun-16 09:54:47

Could be irritable uterus, I've had a couple bouts. Had you been particularly busy or stressed? Several things can set it off, but always best to get checked over if you're worried.

Snowberry86 Thu 02-Jun-16 10:34:00

Yes been busy trying to get house decorated and a bit stressed at work- year 11 exam season!

Got an appointment at 11:30 to get checked out.

MintyBojingles Thu 02-Jun-16 11:24:12

Hope everything's ok, quite possible you overdid it a bit. Time to rest and put your feet up!

Snowberry86 Thu 02-Jun-16 12:54:30

Baby heartbeat was fine. I have some protein in my urine so possible urine infection.

Rest today.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now