Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How often should my antenatal appts be?

(9 Posts)
Doingitover Wed 01-Jun-16 09:26:22

Hey, I'm 34 weeks pregnant and 41 in September. I've had 5 previous early mc (all below 14weeks) and I have 1 beautiful 11 year old son.
My question is how often should my antenatal appointments be at this stage?
I haven't had midwife appointment since week 26 and my last hospital appt was for diabetes (so no doc).
I have previously had a problem with cervix but all has been fine so next review is at 36 weeks (last one was 25 weeks).
I've been told to look out for pre eclampsia (had high bp early on). I'm due to see midwife on 8th June in total I think I'll have had a gap in appts of about 6 weeks.
It feels like really long gap!!
Midwife said as its my second And I'm having a c section I don't need ante natel classes. (She said I should know how to change a nappy)
I'm feeling a little neglected but I don't know if it's justified??
And my back shoulder is killing me!!!
Is anyone 26 weeks plus? Is your appointment schedule similar?
Thanks in advance. Xx

GlitteryFluff Wed 01-Jun-16 09:36:04

Iirc mine were every 4 weeks til say around 7 months then they went to every 2 weeks then every week towards the end. Yours are a very long time between IMO.

Nicnak2223 Wed 01-Jun-16 09:40:04

I had a list in my blue book showing when each appt will be and what happens.

Doingitover Wed 01-Jun-16 09:48:20

Hey Niknak, I have got a list in my book. That details my next one on the 8th (midwife) then I have another cervix scan at hospital (week after) And then I have an appointment with consultant the day before my c-section at week 39.
So I only have 1 midwife app left.

Doingitover Wed 01-Jun-16 09:50:39

Thanks Glittary. My friend seems to have had similar to you. Not really sure what I can do other than bring it up with mw next week.
I think my BP is OK luckily the only problem I'm having is with my back sad

lornathewizzard Wed 01-Jun-16 10:03:24

I'm pg with DC2, and my appts have been every 6 weeks (last one at 28 weeks, next one due 34 weeks I think). It does seem longer than last time, but I can't remember for sure. Every 4 weeks then every 2 seems to ring a bell but maybe it's different for DC1?

LBOCS2 Wed 01-Jun-16 10:05:26

There are fewer appointments second time around, it was about 6 weeks between some of mine too.

ohidoliketobe Wed 01-Jun-16 10:06:23

Hmm. Must differ by trust. I'm Lancashire and it's: booking appt- 16 wks - 25wks - 28 - 31 - 33 - 35 - 37 -39 - 40/41 if needed.
This is my 2nd low risk pregnancy and it was exactly the same with my 1st 2 years ago.

Doingitover Wed 01-Jun-16 11:21:18

Just found out I should have had a growth scan at 30 weeks. So I am booked in for 9am in the morning to see consultant. I'm going to ask him about my back. The midwife I spoke to said as I was on aspirin for BP she would have thought I'd have had increased reviews. But 6/7 weeks is standard in Cheshire for 2nd pregnancy. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now