Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Safe bath temperature

(11 Posts)
Watermelon2017 Tue 31-May-16 13:13:52

Hi

What is a safe bath temperature during the first trimester?

Thank you

KP86 Tue 31-May-16 13:18:22

I would say blood temp or a touch more. Maybe 40 degrees? You don't want to be turning yourself into a lobster-coloured lady!

But I don't know the scientific answer, just that I've heard not to be too hot.

Watermelon2017 Tue 31-May-16 14:32:12

Thank you x

plimsolls Tue 31-May-16 14:34:40

I think a good rule of thumb is to not turn your skin pink.

cheekstime Tue 31-May-16 16:49:41

Hi OP I also used plimsolls advice I'm end of last trimester and all well. I got used to to mild temp in the end!

cheekstime Tue 31-May-16 16:50:29

When you get in check it doesn't give you a pink line on skin

letthefundusbegin Tue 31-May-16 17:04:31

I've been using my baby bath thermometer (37 degrees), originally just to test it out but have found this stops me coming out looking like a flamingo.

If you look up some of the research on it (from countries like Finland and Sweden where they like to sauna), apparently it's not all that dangerous having warm baths but I've just added it to my list of things to temporarily avoid.

Watermelon2017 Tue 31-May-16 18:15:26

I avoided turning pink and kept my basal body thermometer handy to make sure my temperature wasn't rising too much. Warm baths will take some getting used to!

AButterflyLightsBesideUs Tue 31-May-16 18:35:26

It's mainly so you don't faint I think in the first trimester. I can't bear a non warm bath, so I have compromised on avoiding skin going red/pink and keeping a window open to keep my head cooler and having a glass of icy water.

frikadela01 Tue 31-May-16 19:27:13

I've just been having my baths at usual temperature which is warm enough to jump straight in but then I stick the hot tap on until it's nice and hot... im usually pink when I get out.

However now I just make sure I don't have it too full so my arms and belly stick out and I have the window and door open to create a through draft so I don't get too hot. I do this every day and its lovely.

Pinklily1 Tue 31-May-16 20:02:39

I'm the same as Frik. I'm 27 weeks and I have the temperature so I can get straight in, but then top it up with warmer water once i'm in. Tummy always sticking out of the water, window open and a glass of water to hand. If i feel too hot, I get out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now