Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When should I expect to show?

(18 Posts)
Dueindecember2016 Mon 30-May-16 18:26:13

I'm currently 10 weeks and I see so many pictures of women with a lovely bump. I always thought it was 14/16 weeks mark.

It'd be great to hear your stories.

Ps - Any late December due date buddies around?

daydream86 Mon 30-May-16 18:30:00

first baby here and 21 weeks, average/tall build. I looked like I'd just eaten all the pies til about 13 weeks, had a little bump forming noticeable on tight clothin at 14-15 weeks but only realy became a noticeable to people who don't know me at 18/19. now at 21 it's pretty obvious to most except the very unobservant!

Dueindecember2016 Mon 30-May-16 18:44:44

That's always good to hear. I'm on the short side and a tummy on me so it's probably hidden under that.

12 week scan in a few weeks time which I'm looking forward to smile

daydream86 Mon 30-May-16 18:53:31

aww it's all so exciting! Not
long til your scan it's so lovely. I couldn't wait to have my bump and look proper preggo it felt like I was
waiting forever! I love!it now it's here and love showing it off now :-)

Sanch1 Mon 30-May-16 19:26:30

Not until about 21/22 weeks for my first, just looked chubby until then!

positivity123 Mon 30-May-16 19:32:29

I'm nearly 21 weeks and I still just look a bit chubby. However my tummy is getting rounder. It is linked to what I eat so I get bigger during the day.

foobio Mon 30-May-16 20:00:54

I could have hidden it with careful clothing until about 22 weeks, but I had a mini bump from about 15 weeks. Have attached pics of both! This is my first, I've heard subsequent babies show much sooner.

StarkyTheDirewolf Tue 31-May-16 11:46:37

I'm 5,2 and will be 15 weeks tomorrow, I still don't have any kind of a bump really. Just a sort of mini who ate all the pies gut I ate all the pies, they were delicious Not sure when it will pop but I'm happy for it to stay small for as long as possible!

elliej83 Tue 31-May-16 13:18:01

I'm 5 foot 4 and coming up to 20 weeks and no real bump yet. In the morning I dont look pregnant and there's a small bump by the evening. You can see some photos on instagram - leanniefitness.
We get married in just under 6 weeks and I'm hoping I have a bump by then and i dont just look bloated!!

44PumpLane Tue 31-May-16 17:22:25

I'm 5'5" and currently 10+5 with twins and I have a total tummy. But I feel like I just look bloated/fat as opposed to pregnant. It's only on my stomach though and I do think I'll have to buy maternity jeans soon- was out last night in skinny jeans and j was so uncomfortable round my stomach!

Danaust Tue 31-May-16 17:37:39

It varies so much person to person and pregnancy to pregnancy. With my first i was around 28 weeks when I first got my bump( although it was on the small side). In my current twin pregnancy I popped last week at 22 weeks...

Tiggeryoubastard Tue 31-May-16 17:39:56

5 foot six, was a size 10 very flat stomach, didn't show till about 25 weeks, even then I never grew that big, looked like half a football at 38 weeks. He was 7lb 9.

Hayze80 Tue 31-May-16 18:46:23

Always had a bit of a tummy on me but 8 weeks and nothing fits. Happened with all 3. People have just thought that I've been on the cake a bit too much, but ladies that have had kids have commented on the definite baby bump shape. I know most of it's bloating and not actual baby, but the shape is quite obvious. I'd like to have kept it quiet for a bit longer.

katiegg Tue 31-May-16 18:53:21

with my first baby I was almost 20 weeks before I had anything resembling a bump... and even then it was only at certain angles and in certain clothes. most of the time I looked like I'd eaten too much! proper bump appeared around 26/27 weeks.

13 weeks at the moment with #2 and beginning to enter that 'look like I've eaten too much' stage.

I can be your early December due date buddy? smile

SouthDownsSunshine Tue 31-May-16 18:57:20

There's a December group in the antenatal threads section, join us. There seems to be a baby boom happening - there are over 100 of us!

1st baby, I didn't show until after 20 weeks.

This time, my bump properly popped on Monday, so 13 weeks. I've had a fat tummy that I've needed maternity jeans for a good month. Nothing like last time!

Dueindecember2016 Tue 31-May-16 20:53:14

A December buddy would be great!!!

Ashpan26 Tue 31-May-16 22:00:57

Congrats I'm due 27th of December 😵 I'm 10 weeks I've always had a bit of a belly but it's defiantly showing I think it's more bloating than anything it's hard to hide!

Dueindecember2016 Tue 31-May-16 22:12:28

Yes please! I like to think I know what I'm doing but like most expecting 1st time mums I'm winging it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now