Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

"False labour" episodes from 34wks (2nd pg)

(7 Posts)
BirdsAndBlips Thu 26-May-16 13:03:12

It's my 2nd DC, I'm 34wks and I've had 3 episodes of "false labour" so far within the last week (strong but manageable and not regular period pain like contractions for 2/3 hours), leaving me exhausted and discouraged. I don't want to give birth now but I've had a very short labour with DS1 (2,5hrs) so I'm constantly worried I'll have DS2 going to the loo (I appreciate it can be seen as a privilege too). I'm tired, it's difficult to organised care for DS1 at short notice and basically I've had enough... I saw the MW on Monday, cervix is long, high and strong.
Is it something that happens with 2nd pg (DS1 is "only" 16mths)? Can it last 6 more weeks?!
Thanks for sharing your experience.

CosmicMonkey Thu 26-May-16 13:20:39

I have been having this from 29 weeks, now 36 weeks also with DC2. Happens about once a week and each time I get more and more convinced its the real thing. My midwife has said it is all normal but I know its can be quite worrying at the time especially with having a short labour with DC1 (my first was 4.5 hrs).

So no real advice but just wanted to let you know you aren't the only one.

Notso Thu 26-May-16 13:24:43

I had this with DC2,3 and 4. DC2 was born just over a week overdue and DC3 and DC4 were born at 37 and a bit and 39 weeks.

It was annoying and very tiring. Worse with DC3 as it was daily from 31 weeks until he was born. I was carrying too much fluid with him though and he was a big baby so it was expected I wouldn't reach full term. I was monitored twice weekly.

flowers and brew for you. Get your feet up as much as you can with a little one.

BirdsAndBlips Thu 26-May-16 13:26:00

Oh cosmic thank you it's actually quite heartwarming knowing I'm not the only one! I just want to get to 37wks so that I'm not super worried if it happens super fast and I don't have time to go to hospital... Hang in there, you're almost done smile

BirdsAndBlips Thu 26-May-16 13:27:58

Thanks notso DH took a break from his WFH day to take DS1 to the park so I can have a little MN pity party.

CosmicMonkey Thu 26-May-16 13:33:09

Completely agree - I keep telling myself just get to 37 weeks and then if it happens I wont be as panicky!

McBaby Thu 26-May-16 14:02:13

I had it with dd1 from 26 weeks she was born very quickly at 41 weeks and with dd2 from 30 weeks she was born at 38 from an induction!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now