Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Requesting to be induced

(4 Posts)
mercede5 Wed 25-May-16 21:19:28

Hi,

I am 40 weeks and 4 days pregnant and I have been more than happy to let baby come when baby is ready unless advised otherwise, but a situation has arisen.

My Dad was rushed into hospital on my due date as he has terminal cancer and took a sudden turn for the worse. I have spent much of my week by his bedside. I have had to accept the idea that he will not be able to hold the baby or perhaps even see the baby, but I would like him to know that the baby has arrived and what sex it is.

I am at the midwife tomorrow and was wondering if they will consider inducing me as I would like the baby to arrive before my Dad goes. I am running out of time and as things were left today I'm not confident my Dad will make it through the night.

If anyone has any thoughts it would be much appreciated

Thanks

Ffion3107 Wed 25-May-16 21:26:45

What a terrible thing you're going through, I really hope your Dad will be able to stay with you for as long as possible.
The only thing you can do is ask your midwife, or the labour/maternity ward. Obviously they will have to priorotise some women who need to be induced due to medical needs or if they are 10+ days overdue. But there's no harm in asking.
Good luck x

mercede5 Wed 25-May-16 21:52:55

Thank you for your kind words. I have an early appointment tomorrow at the midwife so will discuss it then.
I know I'm getting myself in a bit of a tizz, but its all come as a bit of a shock!

Ffion3107 Wed 25-May-16 22:00:08

Try and stay calm so you and the baby don't get stressed, but also make sure you spend a lot of time with your Dad if you can. I lost mine suddenly and didn't get to say goodbye, but I couldn't imagine the pain you're going through, watching it happening, I feel so sorry for you. Your baby will bring you such joy, I hope that is enough for you to be able to stay strong.
Please keep us updated x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now