Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Early pregnancy signs?

(25 Posts)
Millieelouise Wed 25-May-16 07:42:58

Hi me and my fiancé have been trying for a baby for six months. Last month my period was a week late and was very light this month I am now currently two days late I did a pregnancy test about three days ago and it came back negative. I've been have a lot of early pregnancy signs (feeling sick,backache,headache, legs and hips hurting, sore breasts with the nipple being darker with some bumps,sense of smell is different, my taste buds have changed, cramps in my stomach, getting upset ) can someone help me or give me a bit of advice as what I should do next? I don't know whether to wait to do another pregnancy test or not.
Thank you x

Britb Wed 25-May-16 08:28:28

Hi all.. So this is very random for me I had my period on the 2th of May and it finished on the 8th like normal.. Then 13 days later the 21st of May I started like having my period again but it only lasted till today the 25th and it wasn't like a normal red blood it was almost like red/pink.. And it wasn't heavy it was light.. I'm confused if mayb I could be pregnant? Please help any advice!! 👍🏻☺️

crayfish Wed 25-May-16 08:45:53

You both know that the only thing to do is do another test! FWIW most symptoms in pregnancy wouldn't show up as early as people think, even sickness doesn't usually appear until about six weeks and things like painful hips until much later.

WorriedOrStressed Wed 25-May-16 08:52:04

What Crayfish says. OP your signs sound like a google list of symptoms and if you are having all these you are probably more pregnant than you think you are!

Millieelouise Wed 25-May-16 09:02:34

Thank you x

Jodie1982 Wed 25-May-16 12:13:09

My symptoms have only kicked in and im just over 6wks. Best to POAS hun. And let us know how you are grin

Millieelouise Wed 25-May-16 13:01:50

I've just been to the doctors and they've told me to do another test if nothing shows up to go and have blood tests to double check x

JaneSmith94 Wed 25-May-16 14:57:56

I had exact same signs with light/spotting period that lasted a day & that was really strange for me. Took a test straight away and it was negative. A month later an no period, took another test - negative. Another week later after a night out (which I had 2 drinks) I was terribly ill. Vomiting and shaking and couldn't believe with two drinks, I knew it couldn't have been those drinks, took a test and negative. Another week later after still no period and things playing on my mind I took and another test, positive! And then another to be sure, still positive! It took a while for my tests to catch up but it was confirmed they were correct.

Millieelouise Wed 25-May-16 15:22:12

It's so odd how everyone's bodies act so different I'm just keeping everything crossed and hoping for that positive result to come up x

Britb Thu 26-May-16 07:54:35

Your right everyone bodies are different😊.. We are hoping for a positive result start of next month.. But I'm unsure if it's way to early for the spotting? It's started 13days after my period I'm due for my period in 7 more days.. I feel like I'm overthinking everything we jus can't wait till next month.☺️

Millieelouise Fri 27-May-16 07:24:40

The best thing to do is hope and pray that's what I'm doing my bodies playing some kind of tricks on me giving me all the signs of pregnancy I'm even late yet still no positive result 😔

Jodie1982 Fri 27-May-16 09:11:27

Millieelouise how late are you now?

Britb Fri 27-May-16 09:59:54

Oh gosh millieelouise that would do my head in!! Good luck tho fingers crossed x

Millieelouise Fri 27-May-16 11:55:57

I am 6 and the days late now wig constant aches and pains, 4 pregnancy tests later and still no luck xx

Jodie1982 Fri 27-May-16 15:02:00

Do you usually have missed periods? I'm wondering if it could be a hormonal problem? Or gynaecological problem? Sorry your going through this. Must be literally driving u crazy.

Millieelouise Fri 27-May-16 15:18:18

no I'm normally as regular as clock work, I've been to the doctors and I've got to have a blood test

Millieelouise Fri 27-May-16 18:49:34

Thank you Britb! It certainly is starting to do my head in I haven't got a clue what's going on!

RoxyDOG87 Fri 27-May-16 18:56:18

Hi guys
I ovulated at day 14 of my cycle using opk's and had sex. 7dpo felt strong cramps and shooting pains in right ovary and have had mild cramping pains ever since. Bfn 7&8dpo then didn't test for 2 days. On 9dpo got flu like symptoms head ache really sore throat shivers. 10dpo woke up did a test with fmu and got a faint pos with first response, did a Amazon cheap test and got the same started to get excited then had some mild cramping with lots of cm mixed with a lot of brown/pink blood then started to cry as surely if I've got a bfp implantation has already happened and this bleeding must b a bad sign? Did a tesco test at 2pm vv faint pos again and the bleeding has lasted all day and evening but only wen I wipe. I'm going to test tomo and hopefully it will show stronger and if it's negative it must be a chemical pregnancy??? I'm currently 10dpo and period is due in 2 days , very confused and scared. Still having mild cramps plus sore boobs and feel sick with no appetite. Would really appreciate some advice xx

Millieelouise Sat 28-May-16 12:32:35

Well after all that my period decides to show up today 😔 begging to think ill never have children, how long did it take for you girlies to fall pregnant??? X

Allium40 Sat 28-May-16 19:33:30

Hi Roxy,

I've read that some women in early pregnancy get bleeding for quite a few days and it's almost like a light period.

Did you test again today?

Good luck x

RoxyDOG87 Sat 28-May-16 20:33:38

Yes I had a lot of weird cramps over night which worried me so was expecting more blood this morning but nothing . Did a tesco test which was faint but positive so then thought I'd do a clear blue digital which said pregnant 1-2weeks!!!! I'm too scared to get excited about it though I just have this bad feeling things aren't going to work out I want to scream at the top of my lungs I'm pregnant but something is holding me back!

Britb Sun 29-May-16 04:16:06

Oh millieelouise sorry to hear that's real shit! This has happened to me Expect kinda the other way around I wasn't ready for another baby and the stress of me over thinking everything made me late.. But now that I'm ready for another baby I'm still overthinking everything jus hoping for a miracle hoping that the next test I do is positive so I'm probably stressing about it which knowing me I'll be like you jus have a late period.. But keep trying and good luck ☺️Xx

Willberry Sun 29-May-16 08:53:00

Britb the spotting you describe on cd 13 could be ovulation bleeding, timing wise that would make more sense than implantation.

Britb Sun 29-May-16 10:36:33

Mm well either way this spotting has never happened to me.. Guess I'll jus wait it out and see if I have a missed period or not.. Fingers crossed 👍🏻

Millieelouise Tue 31-May-16 18:35:50

Thank you Britb I will definitely keep trying and keeping my fingers tightly crossed and good luck to you too xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now