Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

My heartbeat or baby's?

(5 Posts)
Jjtwhite26 Mon 23-May-16 22:39:51

Hi guys this is my first post, so here it goes.

I'm currently 11weeks pregnant with my second and very impatient 😁 Just used my Doppler and I'm not sure if I got my heartbeat or baby's I got 139(baby's I think) and mine 65-84 (I think), I haven't done this since my first 5years ago, please tell me if this is normal?

LolaStarr Tue 24-May-16 09:08:43

That sounds about right!

StinkyMcgrinky Tue 24-May-16 13:34:45

if your HB was 139 I would be rather concerned! Thats definitely baby

missybct Tue 24-May-16 14:59:55

Sounds like baby! I did have a reading of around 125 regularly that wasn't baby (he's always around 140-150).

Best thing I found was listening/watching people videoing themselves using a Doppler - most of the time you can put "Doppler xxx weeks pregnant" and there will be someone who would have made a vlog. It really helped me when I used my Doppler as I used to convince myself I was hearing everything other than my baby.

People do scoff at Dopplers but I mostly found them reassuring. I was using one from 9 weeks but didn't get regular listens until about week 13-14.

Jjtwhite26 Tue 24-May-16 20:27:21

Thanks I was worried i was picking up something else as I used my Doppler last week and could t find anything and then I was suprised to hear it last night, can't wait now till my scan next Friday, way to excited 😊

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now