Talk

Advanced search

treating hayfever

(9 Posts)
spottytable Mon 23-May-16 20:10:18

To those who suffer from hayfever, how are you dealing with it during pregnancy? I'm fed up of feeling like this!

seven201 Mon 23-May-16 20:12:37

I take ceterizine and no health care person has told me not to.

Ilovewillow Mon 23-May-16 20:15:33

I swore by Haymax which is an ointment you put round your nostrils! Also nelsons homeopathic remedies! It's grim though!

GreenMarkerPen Mon 23-May-16 20:17:48

cetirizine, loratadine both fine. steroid nasal spray is usually fine as well. talk to your gp/midwife.

KittensandKnitting Mon 23-May-16 20:18:16

I did some research into this, ceterzine/loratidine are on the "OK" list at NHS website.

There are some that are dangerous in the third trimester and I can't remember which ones those are, but Ceterzine and Loratidine is OK according to NHS website.

spottytable Mon 23-May-16 20:20:01

I do have Rhinocort spray already, but the warning messages in the leaflet made me think it wasn't suitable? Maybe I'll call my GP

SockQueen Mon 23-May-16 20:21:13

My GP recommended steroid nasal spray (beconase/pirinase) and cromoglicate eye drops as first line over antihistamine tablets, but if they're not cutting it, then most of the OTC ones are ok-ish - not enough evidence to definitely say they are safe but no evidence of definite harm either.

FoxgloveStar Mon 23-May-16 21:21:18

Asked my consultant and she said just take cetirizine or loratadine, so I am (39 weeks pregnant)

Wolfiefan Mon 23-May-16 21:22:21

Haymax really helped me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now