Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Feeling low

(4 Posts)
Ashpan26 Mon 23-May-16 18:32:32

Hi everyone I am 9 weeks pregnant and I'm feeling quite low. It wasn't planned as I felt before that I didn't want to have kids (sorry to upset anyone) but I do love them! I just dont think I could cope even though many around me say id be a great mum. I don't know if it's a self esteem thing I'm not very confident and suffer with on off mental health issues depression/anxiety chronic pain and fatigue. Does anyone else have a similar issue or been in this situation before it would be good to get some advice

kiki22 Mon 23-May-16 18:51:41

I don't have much advice apart from dp felt very much like you when I fell unexpectedly pregnant he was slightly shaky until ds was born but he turned out to be a natural dotes on ds and we are expecting ds2 soon, hes more excited and prepared than me this time.

I hope you find the right thing for you.

Allium40 Mon 23-May-16 19:09:24

Hi Ashpan, antenatal depression is more common than postnatal depression but not many people talk about it or get support. Speak to your GP or midwife about it. It got better for me in the second trimester so hopefully the same for you. Good luck x

Ashpan26 Mon 23-May-16 22:20:06

Hi ladies thanks for the advice it is such a big shock and I'm hoping my mood improves in the second trimester I'm just a worrier but I have spoke to the midwife about it and they are referring me to the mental health team so hopefully they can help smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now