Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

really bad chest pain even after rennie

(7 Posts)
ButtonsAndBows Sun 22-May-16 22:50:06

This is happening at the moment. I'm about 14w , I had heartburn/indigestion before in my previous pregnancies but this is pretty next level. I had a very bad episode with my first and went to hospital for an ecg but it ended up being normal. But it's soo bad again and I've taken 4 rennie now and it's not eased - is this normal? I don't want to call anyone because I know they will say go to hospital and j know it will be fine , but I am not sure what I can do to ease it sad

KateBeckett Sun 22-May-16 23:00:24

I find the strawberry gaviscon tablets amazing, much better than rennie. But if it's really bad go to the GP they can prescribe something to help flowers

ButtonsAndBows Sun 22-May-16 23:07:42

Thanks smile

MollyCule Mon 23-May-16 07:26:17

Your GP will probably prescribe omeprazole, works very well for a lot of people but not for me unfortunately! I take ranitidine. You can get it over the counter but GP can also prescribe higher dose. Hope it improves!

MintyBojingles Mon 23-May-16 09:02:35

Yes to gaviscon over rennie, I don't find rennie nearly strong enough. If it keeps happening go see your GP for medicine.

FoxgloveStar Mon 23-May-16 14:23:11

Omerprazole from GP

ButtonsAndBows Mon 23-May-16 22:27:07

Thanks a lot I will see the gp, I didn't realise you could get stronger than rennie blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now