Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Contraceptive Mishap!

(3 Posts)
legalcheek789 Sun 22-May-16 15:11:23

Hello smile ,

I know you've all probably heard a thousand variations of this question before but I was hoping for some advice regardless! I currently take the progesterone only contraceptive pill Feanolla, and have had problems with continuous bleeding since I started taking it 4 months ago.

Last Monday, I had sex with my partner and, unknowingly at the time, then forgot to take Monday's pill (I take them in the evening), I then took Tuesday's pill and forgot Wednesday's pill. This all happened because I had a packet of the small antihistamines in the place my pills are usually kept and must have mistook my pill for the antihistamines in a mindless couple of moments.

Anyway, the continuous bleeding problems seemed to stop on Wednesday, much to my delight at the time, and it has not re started since then (Its now Sunday). It was only on Saturday that, upon closer inspection of my pill packet, I realised Monday and Wednesday's pills are still in there!

Could I possibly be pregnant (which would not be great for me!) or will only missing a few pills mean that I am still covered?

Thanks for your help in advance! smile

dementedpixie Sun 22-May-16 16:55:01

With that mini pill you are at risk of pregnancy if you are over 12 hours late taking any of them. Missing 2 of them puts you at a much greater risk of pregnancy so fingers crossed you aren't.

legalcheek789 Sun 22-May-16 17:14:24

Ah, well that's not ideal then confused. I didn't know if it was of any significance that the bleeding has stopped, that was what had made me initially worried!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now