Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Any tips for (stylish) Maternity evening/ wedding attire?

(12 Posts)
Beachmum85 Sat 21-May-16 21:14:19

Really struggling to find a wedding outfit and/or dress for a black tie ball.

I'm only 13 weeks but most definitely showing (baby 2!), so therefore all existing dresses are out of the question. All maternity dresses I've seen are ghastly!

Help! confused

mangocoveredlamb Sat 21-May-16 21:17:44

ASOS have some nice things and I really like Tiffany Rose. Plenty of different t styles available.

Ilovewillow Sat 21-May-16 21:38:07

Have a look at Isabella Oliver, their maternity wear is lovely! Very simple and can be dressed up and down so although they are a bit pricey I had a couple of dresses I wore to death so got my money's worth!

Beachmum85 Sat 21-May-16 21:59:17

Hmm wondering if I can pull the same dress off for both events. What are the rules on wearing a not-long dress at a black tie event? I think the last time I went to one was my school leavers ball! (a long time ago!) hmm

sophied1983 Sun 22-May-16 07:45:07

ASOS have some beautiful maternity frocks!

MsFiremanSam Sun 22-May-16 08:50:59

I got a lovely green dress from Seraphine - they have some gorgeous stuff. Washes well and very flattering.

Hopelass Sun 22-May-16 09:08:01

Try Tiffany rose. Also on eBay. They have some lovely dresses.

SewSlapdash Sun 22-May-16 09:21:59

Cocktail length is fine for black tie. Agree eBay might have a bargain.

Noodledoodledoo Sun 22-May-16 11:21:52

I bought a cocktail dress on ebay for less than £20 for my students Yr 11 prom. Would have worked with a cardigan/pashmina for a wedding as well if necessary.

I feel your pain I am trying to find a nursing outfit for a wedding when my bump will be between 2-5 weeks old (depending on when they decided to make an appearance!)

Beachmum85 Wed 25-May-16 07:51:29

Success in the form of a stretchy number from COS... Will have to do for both events grin

Dollface136 Wed 25-May-16 16:45:40

A lot of empire maxi styles will fit you and look lovely even from non maternity ranges, especially if you are blessed with a blossoming bustline to show off.

Ellarose85 Thu 26-May-16 07:55:27

I went for non maternity in a size up. I've done that for most of my clothing for this pregnancy as I've struggled to find stuff that isn't frumpy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now