Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Faint positive or evap?

(16 Posts)
Irnbru46 Sat 21-May-16 18:24:46

Okay so my last period started the 7th of April and was a normal heavy flow that lasted until the 11th/12th I have had a copper coil in for nearly 5 years now and my period have always been very regular every month. So I took a sainsburys home pregnancy test last night and the first one had a faint line but then this morning I took one that showed negative? Usually a week or so before my period I get really bad acne and unbearably sore boobs but I've not had any of that? Just tired and bloated? Sorry for the long post, just trying to give as much info! X

LolaStarr Sat 21-May-16 18:52:56

How soon after you took the test was the picture taken? It looks like a faint positive to me but I've only ever used pink dye tests

Noodlebugs1981 Sat 21-May-16 18:58:58

I'd say that's positive! grin

I have used ones like this before and they used to be this feint.

OddBoots Sat 21-May-16 19:00:19

That looks positive to me. Do you still have your coil in?

Irnbru46 Sat 21-May-16 19:07:42

Yeah this was how it was straight away! Then this morning I got a negative one, I'm so confused! About to try another one and yeah I still have my coil in so I'm just a little worried

Jenjen85 Sat 21-May-16 19:18:49

Id say that was a positive. I got pregnant on the copper coil in November im now 25wks. If you think you might be you need to go to the drs straight away. I was sent straight to the hospital for blood tests and a scan. The scan showed the pregnancy and also that the coil had moved so wasn't protecting me. I had the coil out within 2 days of being sent to the hospital

Jodie1982 Sat 21-May-16 19:43:03

I'm not sure...It looks a bit smudgy. Hmmmm. Are you late?

MagratsFlyawayHair Sat 21-May-16 19:43:52

If that came up straight away id say positive. Both my positives were fainter than that.

Irnbru46 Sat 21-May-16 19:59:47

Okay i just got another negative result! And yeah my period is about 2 weeks late so surely that's long enough for a clear positive result?

LolaStarr Sat 21-May-16 20:03:22

Maybe give it another couple of days then try again with FMU?

Irnbru46 Sat 21-May-16 20:05:11

Yeah waiting is probably best, I'm just so anxious and worried because I obviously have my coil in! I'll also try a differeny brand of test!

Mooey89 Sat 21-May-16 20:08:30

I have the merina and had a false positive last year, I googled like crazy as to how this was possible and there was a suggestion that protein in urine could cause it... It was crazy positive and I freaked out and then blood tests and docs tests were all negative... Really odd.

Also, on the coil it can increase risk of ectopic which could be the reason for the negatives following your positive.

I had this very faint positive then seemed to disappear. Went and brought multi pack of water and like 8 more tests. All negative. I was devastated but couldn't shake the idea I was pregnant. I carried on taking my ovulation tests as we were trying to concieve and these kept showing positive. Even though they should only be fur 1-2 days! Took a pregnancy test 2 weeks later and ta-da! The test came up 2-3 weeks pregnant! You might be taking it to early. X

moonwalk28 Sat 20-Aug-16 21:11:13

Hi everyone, I'm new here! Ttc for three months (off the combined pill which I have been on for 9 years). AF due Monday and took a test this morning (fmu). Don't want to get my hopes up but here is the picture; would love any advice! X

Nottalotta Sat 20-Aug-16 21:24:15

If you took the picture within the time frame I'd say it's a positive!

m33r Sun 21-Aug-16 07:51:26

Looks positive to me OP but I think you should go to doc's ASAP about the coil. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now