Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

C section vs natural delivery with intervention?

(5 Posts)
Pumkins2mum Fri 20-May-16 16:06:31

Hi
I am 34 weeks pregnant with our 3rd DC, for my 2 previous deliveries I had to have a vontouse with my 1st and forceps with my 2nd. I have been to see my midwife today and she wants me to see a consultant about a possible elective c section, but I am really unsure as never had one. If anyone has any advise I would be really grateful.

FutureGadgetsLab Fri 20-May-16 16:08:15

I had an ELCS. It was great. I felt nothing and had hardly any pain afterwards and recovered really quickly.

Caridge Fri 20-May-16 20:03:45

Obviously it's a personal choice so do your research but I know it can take time to recover from a C Section and as you have two other little ones to worry about it could be a challenge? Hope it all goes well whatever you decide to do x

justgotosleep Sat 21-May-16 19:32:54

I've only had one DC and that was ELCS for a medical reason. It was great. No pain at all afterwards because of great painkillers. I was terrified but wouldn't be if I had another. Honestly think ELCS is a good experience. Recovery was quick too. I felt I could have driven after 2 weeks but waited until 4 weeks to be on the safe side.

ohnonotanother1 Sat 21-May-16 22:50:02

I had an Emcs after having an induction, waters broken and attempted forceps. The "natural" bit of the labour was fucking horrific, the Emcs was amazing. It was sore for a few days but really not as bad as you'd expect, fairly easy recovery and I'll def be opting for an Elcs next time! Good luck whatever you choose!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now