Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Reduced movement

(11 Posts)
KayTee87 Fri 20-May-16 15:50:22

I will be going into get checked obviously but just wondering if anyone else had reduced movement around 31 weeks? It's gone from big movements that made my whole stomach move back to the small pops that I used to get earlier in pregnancy....

Don't know if it makes a difference but I'm measuring 3 weeks ahead.

kiki22 Fri 20-May-16 15:55:11

I had lots of change in pattern with ds he was head down for ages then turned to breech which I didn't know until I was checked that changed things, he than flipped back to head down it changed again. Your definitely right to get checked but its most likely nothing.

LifeBeginsNow Fri 20-May-16 16:00:35

I had this the other week (about 33 weeks) and all was fine. I asked if the heat could make the baby more sleepy (possibly) and also my PGP has flared up big style so the nurse said the baby could have shifted onto a nerve and is in a position I'm not used to.

As is always the way, as soon as the machine was attached, the baby started turning and kicking and didn't stop for the 40mins I was hooked up! I was told to come back if it happens again though and they made me feel like I'd made the right decision going in (even though I could feel smaller movements).

Notfastjustfurious Fri 20-May-16 16:03:57

Same here around 31/32 weeks she went from punch, kick, twirl one day to nothing until the monitoring started - a whole day and night too. Mw said she still had room to move and probably just had her back to my front. Certainly scared me though.

KayTee87 Fri 20-May-16 20:49:52

Ok went in and heart rate is good, they think he's just kicking towards my back now so I'm feeling them less. Really relieved but feel a bit silly.

deuscat Fri 20-May-16 21:01:30

Always worth getting checked out. Don't feel silly.

HD18 Sat 21-May-16 23:26:41

I've been in twice now (currently here now waiting for them to finish with my notes) I came in at 35 weeks and again now at 37 weeks. I'd not felt baby all day and the minute they put me on the monitor she started moving about!! I swear she's just wanting to make me look crazy haha! The Midwifes and doctors have been amazing and they say it happens all the time and would much prefer for ladies to go in and get checked then sit and worry at home. Glad you went and got checked and all was good smile

HoppingForward Sat 21-May-16 23:28:10

Please don't feel silly. Better to feel reassured and relaxed flowers

FifiRebel Sun 22-May-16 07:13:01

Kaytee - well done on getting checked out and don't feel silly AT all!!! You know my story from this weekend, I did wonder if I would worry other July mums as I would have freaked out reading my post from someone else on thread.

Will do quick recap here for anyone else reading with reduced movement worries. I'm 30+3. I rang up assessment unit early on Friday as I had reduced movement. I had still been feeling kicks and movement from late Thursday afternoon but couldn't shake the feeling he was quiet. They of course said to come in and I assumed I'd just been reassured and sent on my way. This was my second episode of reduced movement in last few weeks. I had also had a growth scan in between (for just growth - not movements) which had been absolutely fine.

My trace from monitor was good but my hospitals policy is to scan women who have had 2 episodes of reduced movements. They wanted to do it same day rather than wait for next growth scan in few weeks. The scan showed the baby hasn't grown as much as they'd like in 2 weeks. But critically, they spotted placental insufficiency. My placenta isn't flowing properly to baby and this could be affecting his growth. Obviously they also need to determine whether flow is getting worse. It is called absent edf.

I have now been in hospital since Friday and I'm unlikely to go home ahead of delivery. I have monitoring 4 times a day to check baby heart rate and need more scans. Essentially the doctors need to decide the tipping point between whether it's better for the baby to be in or out. A massive shock to system and obviously am now likely to need c section which I hadn't considered at all.

I don't want to scare people unnecessarily. But spotting this has meant I am now being constantly monitored, have best chance of intervention if anything changes and have already had 2 steroid injections to get baby's lungs strong for possible early delivery.

I am the biggest worrier in the world and my mum even told me not to panic as I had felt the baby move. But I just had an instinct to want some reassurance. Thank god I did. Please do get checked out if anyone ever has any worries. X

Stom91 Mon 23-May-16 13:09:52

Good luck fifi mothers instinct is very rarely wrong! So glad you got checked out! I'm hope they can keep him in as Long as possible for you.
I'm due 13th July. I've had enough now.

Hope all is ok OP xx

KayTee87 Mon 23-May-16 13:33:31

How are you doing FiFi? it just shows we know our bodies and should trust our instincts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now