Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Not having a good time.

(6 Posts)
Daniellafirsttimemummyx Fri 20-May-16 09:45:34

Im 20+3 weeks pregnant and from the start its all been down hill.
Hyperemesis has really took charge of my pregnancy and starting to get me quite depressed. Not only am I being sick 7+ times a day but I'm constantly hunrgy and thirsty. Ginger is not helping my case at all, my skin is horrible, blotchy and dry. My breath is on the war path from sickness. My hair is dry and breaking off. Im bloated and gassy. I pass out if I get over heated and I'm constantly tired and waiting for bedtime. I've never felt this unhappy. All my life I've wanted to be pregnant and be able to enjoy the feeling, but all i feel is sick and my uterus growing (not nice alot like heavy period pains!)
So with all this, I really do not want to be pregnant again which is bad as people see these kinda comments to be un-motherly. But I just cant wait until its over, I'm sick of feeling like this!

Rosduk Fri 20-May-16 10:12:20

Sorry you feel this way but I can say you aren't alone. I have hyperemesis and was being sick or feeling sick all day every day. I'm 29 weeks and at 25 weeks I went to the docs and they prescribed me cyclezine and it has changed my life. I do have to take it 3 times a day and it makes me tired but I'm now not being sick and able to sleep- I do still occasionally feel sick still though. I didn't want to take Anything but became desperate and have been assured it's safe- I wish I'd have asked earlier it would have saved a lot of stress.

Good luck and hang in there- I feel your pain!

RaeSkywalker Fri 20-May-16 10:19:15

Daniella you poor thing flowers

I know exactly how you feel. I've got HG and have been hospitalised once (I'm 13 weeks). I'm not on ondansetron and cyclizine, and like Rosduk, this has made malice bearable.

Have you been prescribed anything to help? If not I would think about seeing your GP. Also, are you monitoring your hydration? Ketostix are really cheap on Amazon. It's so important that you watch for ketones in your urine.

There is a hypremesis support thread on here. It has saved me from insanity! Pop over of you fancy it- there are some very knowledgeable and kind people on there, it's a lovely thread.

OTheHugeManatee Fri 20-May-16 10:20:01

Sympathy here. 26wks here, no hyperemesis but it's getting v uncomfortable and I have to be mega picky about food or it comes right up again.

I think there's this myth that we float around all smug and beatific when pregnant but it's a load of bollocks. It's different for everyone but it's more inconvenient than fun IMO.

RaeSkywalker Fri 20-May-16 10:20:55

Link to hypremesis support thread below:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/2631177-Hyperemesis-Support?pg=1&order=

Manatee I'm still waiting for my pregnancy 'glow'!

Babymamaroon Fri 20-May-16 10:37:05

You are not alone, so many of us are suffering and miserable.

I actually want to smack people who have pregnancies where they've never felt better!! grin

Sage advice from my mum: this too shall pass. The moment that baby is out and in your arms, the sickness will fade. If not sooner God willing!

I'm like a prisoner chalking up the days til the end...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now