Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

newborn photography

(13 Posts)
yorkshireteaa Fri 20-May-16 07:24:13

Hi there,

I'm looking into hvaving some newborn photography done when my LO arrives later this year.

I was wondering if any of you have had this done before and what kind of price you paid?

The most recent quote I got was £65 session price + £225 for a USB (with only 10 photos on!). I was quite shocked and have emailed other photographers for comparison costs.

It'd be great if you could let me know roughly what you paid so I know I'm not being ripped off!

I don't mind getting prints but I'm more likely to get digital copies and print myself

Cheers

Xx

HD18 Fri 20-May-16 07:30:13

Hello, we have booked our newborn shoot (baby due in 3 weeks) and it would of originally cost £50 for the shoot then £200 with all digital images (around 50-100 apparently depending on cooperation of baby) and it also includes 3 10x8 print outs. However they are running an offer for it all for £200 so £50 off. I did find that there was lots of different prices so it's worth looking around.

Tabitha78 Fri 20-May-16 07:31:53

That actually sounds about right in total - they've just made the session fee less and charged more for the images.

You need to think about the amount of work that goes into processing and editing the photos etc. Newborn photography is far more editing intensive than children or adults - think jaundice, milk spots etc!

Two of the best quality baby photographers in the UK are Pennycress Photography and Maria Murray (sweetbambiniblog) - have a look at their prices as a guide.

Good luck!

Dlah Fri 20-May-16 08:06:41

Since before I got pregnant I wanted Klaudia Kula photography, her photos are so beautiful, it's £350 for a new born shoot with 20-30 of the best photos given on stick after with print permission.

I'd pay it in a second just because I've seen the quality of her work and know numerous people who've had her too smile

chelle792 Fri 20-May-16 08:13:46

My friend is a newborn photographer and is known for the quality of her work. She's expensive but those who want that are willing to pay I wouldn't/couldn't afford it

HP07 Fri 20-May-16 11:17:41

I've booked one for when my baby is due, it's £150 for session plus 25 photos on usb or £180 for session plus all of the photos taken on usb.

TheLuckDragon Fri 20-May-16 14:20:44

Wow, ours is £110 for the shoot and £600 for the photos on a memory stick if you pay in advance or £900 if you pay after! Pretty standard where I'm from unfortunately

MintyBojingles Fri 20-May-16 14:33:37

Sounds pretty standard to me (photographer myself, not newborn ATM) You might be able to find someone who will just charge £50-100 for the session, but you'll pay more for prints. You might find someone starting out who is cheaper, but be wary of the quality and the safety.

Whatever, don't allow them to prop babies head up on their arms without support, that pose should only ever be done as a composite, good article here: blog.littlepiecesphotography.com.au/safety-first-brisbane-newborn-photographer-kelly-brown/

Safety first with newborns, why it's worth paying for someone who knows what they are doing. A lot of cute poses should be done using tricks of the trade.

AnUtterIdiot Fri 20-May-16 14:37:57

To be honest, 10 photos doesn't sound bad. I have had a couple of studio sessions (me not baby) and in both about 250 images were taken but the photographer and I both agreed that only around 10 in each were usable.

Jenijena Fri 20-May-16 14:39:32

Just paid for a standard family photo shoot. The photo session is free, then we've paid £180 for 15 images & small prints

Pinkheart5915 Fri 20-May-16 14:43:39

I had photos done after ds last year, it cost £375 for session & 1 print and a stick with 15 digital photos on.

We plan to do the same when DD is born in August

lacee Mon 23-May-16 16:33:47

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

mrsmagrilly Thu 23-Jun-16 13:38:15

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now