Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

disappearing symptoms

(7 Posts)
Dsmummy Wed 18-May-16 20:35:33

Hi all. I am 5 weeks tomorrow and since the very beginning I have experienced
Cramps
Twinges
Hot flushes
Quick to temper
Desperately needing the bathroom day and night.
Now all of these symptoms have totally disappeared. I was unable to even bend to reach for something without feeling a tug and now it's stopped.
This is my second pregnancy and I don't remember this the first time. Does anyone else have the same experience or should I be worried? Thank you

MintyBojingles Wed 18-May-16 22:31:49

Try not to worry, symptoms come and go in my experience! Enjoy the respite whilst you can ;)

Andanzadora Thu 19-May-16 09:27:38

Hi Dsmummy
I'm 5+5 and was having the same worries a couple of days ago, but a bit of frantic googling turned up a lot of threads with women having the same thing around week 5 and nothing was wrong, so I think it must be fairly common at this point. Woke up today to find the dog had left a smelly surprise on the kitchen floor shock and I'm still feeling a little queasy 3 hours later so I think my symptoms must be starting to come back!

Georgeofthejungle Thu 19-May-16 09:30:32

I had no symptoms at all until 6 weeks. Even some days when 30+ if I didn't have the bump I wouldn't have known! Don't worry and enjoy. Your body knows what it's doing smile

Dsmummy Thu 19-May-16 10:33:22

Thanks for the replies, the dog surprise made me laughgringrin! I've woken up more positive today I will be sensible now. You are all quite right thank you smile

smellsofelderberries Thu 19-May-16 10:34:50

I had strong nausea from 4 weeks which slowly tapered off around 5 weeks. All kicked back in just after 6 weeks though, and even then still had the odd good day. It's a really common thing a lot of women experience.

MrsBed2b Thu 19-May-16 14:48:22

My symptoms disapeared for a week around 6 weeks and I panicked and went to EPU but they told me that symptons can come and go.
They then came back with a vengeance and MS stayed until about 18w

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now