Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this 'the show'? (contains photo)

(10 Posts)
emma85x Tue 17-May-16 22:25:03

Hi. I'm 36 weeks pregnant and when I wiped just now I had 'the show' Do you know what this means and what happens next? Thanks in advance

AmyC86 Tue 17-May-16 22:53:56

No pictures!

Stom91 Wed 18-May-16 08:54:31

Just your plug falling away. For some people it means labour. For me mine fell at 38 weeks but I was still induces at 40+12!

bessie84 Wed 18-May-16 09:13:39

lost mine 2 weeks ago (at 30 weeks) im still here waddling on, like stom said, different for everyone. Watch out for pains / leaking / bleeding i guess and if your worried, contact midwife / triage.

Annabrooke90 Wed 18-May-16 09:31:30

It can come away in bits and then regenerate. I'm on baby number 5 24 weeks and losing mine in bits. Its when it contains blood you have to be more aware because that does usually indicate things are starting to move. Keep an eye on it. Call your midwife if you are concerned as you are obviously a tad preterm.

paddypants13 Wed 18-May-16 10:37:16

Any news op? I started with contractions almost immediately after my show and DS arrived 4 hours later. He was my second though.

Good luck!

MyBreadIsEggy Wed 18-May-16 10:40:34

As others have said, for some people it means labour is close, for others it can still be ages away!
Mine came away on a Saturday morning, then my waters broke Sunday night. Labour didn't start, so I was induced early Tuesday morning and DD was born by lunchtime x

Stom91 Wed 18-May-16 11:42:25

bessie I'm 32 weeks today and been loosing bits for a good few months now!
I think it grows back from what I've heard.
Xx

DontKillMyVibe Wed 18-May-16 18:34:44

What is 'the show'? Am currently 28 weeks pregnant and never heard of this! What should I expect? shock

Stom91 Wed 18-May-16 22:56:21

It's just like a blob of clear/yellowy jelly. Nearer the end of pregnancy it can contain abit of blood. Abit like snot but from your fanny grin]

Not everyone's comes away. Sometimes it's comes away during labour. Or at different times.

I've had bits coming out for a while. (32 weeks pregnant)
As long as it doesn't contain blood or look a different colour there's no need to worry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now