Talk

Advanced search

Pelvic pain relief

(4 Posts)
WizePranker Tue 17-May-16 14:26:25

Hiya. Looking for some relief for DWs pelvic pain. She's 16w with our second and the stabby stuff is far worse this time around. She has a chiropractor appt next week but wondering if there any wonder products/exercises with some (anecdotal) evidence of efficacy out there.

Any suggestions would be appreciated - she's in bits at the mo.

Salene Tue 17-May-16 14:32:14

No there is no magic cure I'm afraid I suffered terribly with pelvic girdle pain, the Chiro is the only thing that kept me out of a wheel chair and mobile enough to go about daily business

There is also a good book on Amazon wth exercises that has helped me and numerous friends of mine too

NHS physio is a waste of time.

Relieving Pelvic Pain During and After Pregnancy: How Women Can Heal Chronic Pelvic Instability www.amazon.co.uk/dp/0897934806/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_l1XoxbAN6NNNK

ifigoup Tue 17-May-16 14:40:07

Nothing is a magic bullet. Things that have intermittently helped me are:

Paracetamol
Heat from a hot water bottle
Sleeping in recovery position with two pillows under bent/upper leg to keep it parallel to the bed
Wedging a pillow between my thighs (though NHS advice is not to do this)
Minimising walking as much as possible, especially stairs
Whenever possible, sitting on a birth/exercise ball (it's comfortable and also promotes core strength)
Kneeling on all fours
Pelvic floor exercises, and tensing pelvic floor muscles when I do need to e.g. turn over in bed.

But the gist of it is that it's really painful and miserable and your DW has my sincere sympathies.

SpoonfulOfJam Tue 17-May-16 14:46:36

Huge sympathy. I suffered from early on in both my pregnancies.

Ice was more effective than heat- helped with inflammation.

Clenching when standing, sitting, turning in bed.

Pillow between knees in bed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now