Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Advice......

(4 Posts)
Newbie7 Tue 17-May-16 01:10:53

Hello,

I've just joined this evening so apologies if this is a topic that has recently been covered.

I am a first time mum to be, currently 18 weeks pregnant expecting a little boy. I have been experiencing a bit of pain, not all the same - some stabbing, some cramping some just general discomfort. I have read a lot around ligament pain but it all seems to be one specific pain, or pain when you have jerked yourself or moved to quick. I just wondered if this was "normal" not sure if I am just being a paranoid mum to be.

I have felt one flutter but no moving as such, well unless the mild pain counts, I guess I just don't really know what to expect. I've moved to a new area and my partner works overseas so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks smile

Dixxie Tue 17-May-16 02:02:16

I would go to your midwife or pregnancy unit in hospital straight away and speak to them. Better safe than sorry and they can reassure you xxx

almondbutter Tue 17-May-16 02:15:45

Hi Newbie maybe seek out the October ante natal club? You'll find loads of people going through the same and lots of mums who have already been through pregnancy and know what's normal and what's not. I am in November club and it's been invaluable. Good luck.

Newbie7 Tue 17-May-16 03:59:52

Thank you both smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now